Thread: drone video request

drone video request

can a drone operator go into Khota Circus and Buckskin Middle and take some video of whatever ledge is present beneath the rock art way up on the cliffs - and post it. In both cases my viewpoint did not show a footworthy ledge, but it must be there, else the Anasazi had wings.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Do you have an approximate waypoint for Google Maps, and some photos of the area you'd like to focus on?

Would the drone be able to fly from the vehicle and capture what you're looking for, or is some hiking required?

Is it also possible that the Anasazi hung from the top with ropes and created the rock art?

Name:  khota small.JPG
Views: 566
Size:  89.5 KB

Name:  middle small.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  86.7 KB

neither of these locations are a big secret

both are way up in the air

Khota Circus is an hour's hike from the parking lot to the photographer's location.

Buckskin middle entry is about 45 minutes to the location I took the photo from .

I used a stock 4WD Jeep Liberty for both the drives. We did some road repair going in to Khota.

Khota Circus: 36° 28.570'N, 114° 11.821'W

Buckskin Middle Entry : 37° 1.872'N 111° 55.315'W

more or less

Hi - My girlfriend, 2 dogs and I just returned from a visit out there. I did take some aerial video with a drone. To be honest? Can't say I saw a ledge that looked even remotely safe, if at all accessible. With a 1/2 way decent telephoto lens on a point and shoot camera you can get a good photo of the place... why risk it? You're a long way from help out there if you slip and bust your noggin.

Here is a link to a quick video of the spot. I think it shows the precariousness of the location...You can see the angled 'ledge' under the main panel as well as a section that appears to have sloughed off at some point. Perhaps the sloughed off section provided a foot hold? Perhaps some sections of the petroglyph panel have been purposely removed by collectors?

Yeah if a good lens will "reach" it, does that do the job, or are you looking at more than just the rock art itself?

Sometimes, video will give a bit more perspective and scale than a photo.

Could you put a Google waypoint link here to give us all a good idea of the terrain, the surrounding area, and a confirmation that it's not in any restricted air space?

goomba - thanks for the video - it confirmed my suspicion - no worthy ledge exists today at Khota Circus