Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guy who walks hops on over Metate Arch

Guy who walks hops on over Metate Arch

So i posted a few new pictures last night on instagram and one of the likers i decided to delve into his account when i saw this picture and cringed knowing how fragile this arch is. ugh. i commented about what could have happened. sorry if he already was put on blast for this as this picture appears to be 69 weeks old. seeing the comments about how cool people thought he was just pissed me off 😡😡😡🤔
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sorry, but I'm going with it's a cool picture. I've bagged numerous arches. It doesn't count unless you stand on top of them.

Blog Entries
    Are you opposed because of how delicate the arch is only, or all arches in general?

As a whole if something is fragile I would respect it enough to NOT do it.

I could see if you just HAD to do "something" because you wanted to impress online friends or whatever cool kidz do, then maybe standing on either side of the arch would be fine for me. But not in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Sorry, but I'm going with it's a cool picture. I've bagged numerous arches. It doesn't count unless you stand on top of them.

so when the next cool picture attempt breaks the thing you are just gonna be like "oh well."

I'm just wondering if it's cool as well to topple rocks on the coast of oregon and in Goblin valley state park because it's cool to move/break things.
    i'm opposed to standing on arches in general fragile or not. I myself have got pictures inside on the base rock of arches but never on their spans.
    as GSENM blows up metate arch won't be around for many more years because of the next not really well thought out "cool picture"

Quote Originally Posted by wisconnyjohnny View Post
    so when the next cool picture attempt breaks the thing you are just gonna be like "oh well."
    Yeah... pretty much. It's not like we're going to run out of arches around here anytime soon.

FWIW - a heavy snowfall puts a lot more weight on that arch than a human standing on it. Arches around here normally fall or calf in wet weather and often under snow load.

i'll let ya know how much snow falls on it come spring. doesn't snow much here. i get you're point.

So i posted a few new pictures last night on Instagram and one of the likers i decided to delve into his account when i saw this picture and cringed knowing how fragile this arch is. ugh. | may | https://www.guidomaggi.com/us/men/boots/ | this is about our scarpe con rialzo uomo i commented about what could have happened. sorry if he already was put on blast for this as this picture appears to be 69 weeks old. seeing the comments about how cool people thought he was just pissed me off minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore minotaurfightstore
    Wow that's a really cool pic. My first though is definitely about the aesthetic appeal of the pic but we need to protect our environment even when seeking to look cool. I'm pretty sure most people who liked the pic do not know about the possible negative effects.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Terrible--terrible picture.....

Highlights are blown on the right and the white balance is off....
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

10. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    as GSENM blows up metate arch won't be around for many more years because of the next not really well thought out "cool picture"
    Very few people knew about this arch...until after the GSENM was created. It survived for over 100 years with ranching, logging and mining in the surrounding areas.

So, in my opinion, if it does ever collapse from human causes, I'll blame it on the Monument.

12. Likes oldno7, Corey liked this post
    Iceaxe I'd just like to be the first to say. YOUR AN ASS HAT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by provofishen View Post
    Iceaxe I'd just like to be the first to say. YOUR AN ASS HAT.
    ROFLMAO.... dude, you better get in line, and I suggest you bring a sack lunch because it's a long line.

15. Likes dakotabelliston liked this post
    Omg dude lmao. Gotta say I take it back just for that funny ass comment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

17. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    ROFLMAO.... dude, you better get in line, and I suggest you bring a sack lunch because it's a long line.

You sound like a Utah good ol boy. tell me i'm wrong and that you are from florida or california or texas? some other state? glad you admit you are an asshole though.
    I'll blame your types for carving on canyon walls leaving copenhagen cans on trails and raping co workers at the north rim.
    I know the type of person you are.
    cheers mate 😳

Utah native, and I'm willing to bet I've done a lot more for Utah wilderness and backcountry then you can even dream of.

If you had of spent as much time in the Utah backcountry as I have you would understand walking across that arch will have no effect in the grand scheme of things.

Very few people knew about this arch...until after the GSENM was created. It survived for over 100 years with ranching, logging and mining in the surrounding areas.
    I would have to disagree. The arch was very well known before the monument. In fact in recent years, the sign pointing the way to the area is a lot less conspicuous.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

21. Likes stefan liked this post
    Utah native, and I'm willing to bet I've done a lot more for Utah wilderness and backcountry then you can even dream of.

If you had of spent as much time in the Utah backcountry as I have you would understand walking across that arch will have no effect in the grand scheme of things.

i appreciate what you've done for the wilderness Mr Alvey or Mr Woosley or Mr Minche.
    I don't appreciate the thought process of "we have a ton of arches" big deal. "walk on them"
    No bueno homie. #utahnativeshaveownershipissuescausetheirgranpappi esettledit

i appreciate what you've done for the wilderness Mr Alvey
    Are you thanking anyone in particular? Or do you appreciate all my relatives that settled Escalante?

24. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Looking dangerous but cool image. I really want to go to that place and experience the same in person. Dont know when will get that opportunity in this COVID situation.
    a bunch of boxing gloves bullshit links that I disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by boxingglovesuk View Post
    Looking dangerous but cool image. I really want to go to that place and experience the same in person. Dont know when will get that opportunity in this COVID situation.
    I'll give ya 5 bucks if you can name where it is.

27. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I'll give ya 5 bucks if you can name where it is.
    Illinois?
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?