Thread: Yellowstone Suggestions

Yellowstone Suggestions

I am taking my kids to Yellowstone. Does anyone have any recommendations of what I should do while I'm there?
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Perhaps skiing or snowshoeing? I know it has been snowing pretty hard there. It may melt off soon if we get a warm spell though.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Blog Entries
    Here's an update for the current road conditions in Yellowstone: https://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/parkroads.htm

I would highly recommend the "Mud Volcano", "Norris Geyser Basin", and "Uncle Toms Trail". All of those are kid friendly.

You can check out my younger brother's website for some ideas. http://thetrekplanner.com/yellowstone-national-park/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

5. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post

You can check out my younger brother's website for some ideas. http://thetrekplanner.com/yellowstone-national-park/
    His site is great. How did he have enough time to explore the park so thoroughly?

Thank you for the tips!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    His site is great. How did he have enough time to explore the park so thoroughly?

Thank you for the tips!
    Thanks! I'll pass the word to him.

So most of the Yellowstone stuff comes from our Northern Utah (Logan) contributor Josh.

I think it's just doing new stuff each time you visit the place.

Jeff (my brother) is the website creator and he does most of the stuff for Alaska and Davis County (for Utah) and below the county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

If you are curious, the snow is melting fast. Check out today's webcam from the fire lookout with yesterday's. The snow is mostly gone at the lowest elevation in the park:

Name:  Wash1.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  38.7 KB

Name:  Wash2.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  36.1 KB
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

9. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    I am taking my kids to Yellowstone. Does anyone have any recommendations of what I should do while I'm there?
    Get up early, take binoculars and a spotting scope. My favorite part of the park is all the animals and it isn't a zoo. Other than the Bison, you only have a short time period in the mornings and evenings to see the majority of them.