Thread: Car spot/shuttle for The Subway top-down 9/11

Car spot/shuttle for The Subway top-down 9/11

Hey, this is sort of last minute but we're looking for anyone interested in doing a car spot or shuttle tomorrow. We're hiking the Subway from the top down. If anyone else is doing it or is in the area, we'd love to team up and park our car at the bottom or drive everyone to the top.

Let me know!

-Kevin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've never done this, but assuming you can't get someone to commit I've heard that its not that hard to just show up really early and drop your group up top then drive to the bottom leave your car and hitch a ride back to the upper TH.

Yeah, that's the current plan but I was hoping to not have my plan revolve so heavily on "winging it," especially since I haven't done this hike before so I'm not sure about the specifics/how busy it is/what the odds of getting picked up are.

Blog Entries
    The odds are quite high of getting a ride actually.

Just wait at the parking lot even for 20 minutes and someone is bound to pull in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Yeah, it actually didn't take us long to get a ride. We ended up giving the guy $20 for being cool, which seemed like a steal compared to the $35/person that the shuttles charge.

7. Likes jman liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ksj View Post
    Yeah, it actually didn't take us long to get a ride. We ended up giving the guy $20 for being cool, which seemed like a steal compared to the $35/person that the shuttles charge.
    That's generous of you. $20 these days is nearly a full-tank of fuel. :)

And how'd the rest of the trip go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

It was super exhausting! You hike about 9 miles through these really pretty areas, and then when you're tired and beat and it's late, they make you hike straight up the side of a mountain to get to your car. But it was a lot of fun and I got some good pictures out of it.