Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Pac-12 Football

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    It's never made sense to me that you can play for a national championship when you couldn't even win your conference.
    I feel the same way. If got can't win your conference how can got be the national champ

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Unbelievable. I can’t believe the committee put Alabama in the playoff. 6 reasons why:

1) every time I mention about x team is undefeated and they should be ranked #1, the argument I get thrown back at me is “strength of schedule.” Well let’s look at strength of schedule this year.
    Alabama’s best win is against #12 LSU. Ohio State has beaten two top 4 teams this year. So the strength of schedule argument goes out the window.

2) Ohio State is a power 5 conference champion, Alabama didn’t even play in their conference championship.

3) Auburn beat both Georgia and Alabama during the last month. This would be good enough to win the National championship, if Alabama was ranked 1 or 2 in the playoff. Auburn is better than Alabama at least, and even strength with Georgia. So it’s a slap in the face for them.

4) you are essentially punishing not only Ohio State for beating Wisconsin by keeping them out, but the entire big 10. So it indirectly also punishes the other top teams in what was arguably one of the top 3 conferences this year, if not the top: penn state, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan state.

5) making Clemson play Alabama in the playoffs for the 3rd straight year is a slap in the face not only to clemson, who has to slog through Alabama yet again, but also college football fans in general who have to sit through yet another clemson vs Alabama matchup in the playoffs.

6) rewarding Alabama for....what, exactly? They haven’t beaten a top 10 team. They didn’t play in their conference championship. They ended their season with a loss. What have they done to prove they deserve a spot in the playoff?

If anybody can refute these 6 points, please do so!

4. Likes gholt liked this post
    As I said, if you're not a conference champion you should not be in the final 4.

On a positive note it's this type of bullshit that will likely lead to an actual playoff one of these days.

6. Likes rockgremlin, gholt liked this post
    On a positive note, it was nice to see Kirk Herbstreet walk off the stage and throw a temper tantrum like a baby. I hate that guy.

8. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    ^^^ I also find it humorous that the Buckeyes got the shaft. But in response to that, I think USC is gonna get spanked. I think the Trojans are one of the most overrated teams in the Pac12. Hell's sakes, a 6-6 Utah squad was 2 yards away from beating them in the Colosseum.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Willie Taggart bolts for Florida State after one year at Oregon. Lol Ducks!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Willie Taggart bolts for Florida State after one year at Oregon. Lol Ducks!
    Oregon offered $20 million for 5 years and FSU offered $30 million. Also Taggart is going home so it's kind of a no brainer. I do fail to see the humor on behalf of the Ducks that you apparently see.

Utah still the only bowl game win for the pac12. Up to Washington to get a win

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

As predicted...the Trojans go down in flames.

And I'm betting Penn State is gonna put the hurt on the Huskies. I think the Utes are going to be the only victory for the Pac 12 this year.

14. Likes gholt liked this post
    The PAC 12 really sucked a chub....

It would appear that Utah may have been underrated and the Pac 12 overrated this year.

Hell's sakes, the top five teams in the Pac 12 were all dismantled by teams from various different conferences.

I have a feeling 12-0 UCF is going to have a rude awakening...

20. Likes gholt liked this post

We shall see... I remember the same predictions when Utah met Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. That's why they play the game.

LMAO... Tell me again about this rude awakening?

UFC 34 - Auburn 27

Scott, I can't believe how quickly you have become the typical P5 fan and forgotten what Utah and Boise State were able to accomplish.

23. Likes gholt liked this post
    UCF has one helluva good quarterback. Killed Auburn with his arm and his legs. I think Auburn was sure that all they'd have to do is walk on the field and they'd win.

UCF is the real deal.

25. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Arizona fires Rich Rodriguez following reported hostile workplace claim

Arizona fires Rich Rodriguez following reported hostile workplace claim
    Rich Rod is a good coach. AZ will have a hard time replacing him.

Pac-12 Football

Rosen (UCLA) and Darnold (USC) declare for the NFL draft.