Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Pac-12 Football

Looks like a rematch is imminent. Bama and Clemson.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Report: Cal fires head coach Sonny Dykes

Pac-12 Football

Oregon's Taggart takes blame for hospitalized players, strength coach suspended

A day after it was announced that three Oregon football players had been hospitalized following a series of strength and conditioning workouts, head coach Willie Taggart is absorbing responsibility.

Offensive linemen Doug Brenner and Sam Poutasi along with tight end Cam McCormick were admitted to hospital following team workouts that were said to be gruelling in nature, and remained in fair condition.

Oregon released a statement in which Taggart put the blame for the situation squarely on his own shoulders.

"I have visited with the three young men involved in the incidents in the past few days and I have been in constant contact with their families, offering my sincere apologies," Taggart said. "As the head football coach, I hold myself responsible for all of our football-related activities and the safety of our students must come first."

Related: Report: 3 Oregon football players hospitalized after team workouts

In the statement, it was also announced that strength and conditioning coach Irele Oderinde has been suspended without pay for one month.

"I have addressed the issue with our strength and conditioning staff, and I fully support the actions taken today by the university," Taggart added. "I want to thank our medical staff and doctors for caring for all of our young men, and I want to apologize to the university, our students, alumni, and fans."

Following his suspension, another condition of Oderinde's punishment is that he will no longer report directly to Taggart, but rather to Andrew Murray, the director of performance and sports science at the university.

http://www.thescore.com/news/1211053

Oregon co-offensive coordinator David Reaves to be fired following DUI

Reaves was officially hired by Oregon on Tuesday.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...b&sf52246821=1

That's a program in turmoil.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Oregon co-offensive coordinator David Reaves to be fired following DUI

Reaves was officially hired by Oregon on Tuesday.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...b&sf52246821=1
    Geez, he wasn't even there for a solid week. Was he celebrating his new job? Or what?

Unfortunately for him, he's more than likely unhireable now.

TUCSON, Ariz. -- Arizona Wildcats recruit My-King Johnson is set to become the first active openly gay scholarship player in major-college football history.

"I do feel like when I say that [I'm gay], it can put a target on my back. But whatever," Johnson told The Arizona Daily Star.

The 6-foot-4, 225-pound defensive end starred at Tempe High School. He signed with the home-state Wildcats after verbally committing to Pac-12 Conference rival UCLA.

The Daily Star reported that Johnson said he was gay to Arizona defensive line coach Vincent Amey during the recruiting process. Johnson said Amey replied that "we want you to be a Wildcat."

Full Story: http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/art...b&sf58820628=1

The Washington wide receiver ran a 4.22-second 40-yard dash Saturday, breaking Arizona Cardinals running back Chris Johnson's previous record of 4.24 seconds.

Every once in a while a cupcake jumps up and bites you on the ass as the #25 team in the country found out today.

45 UCLA
    48 Memphis

11. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    UCLA has no pass defense. The Memphis QB throws for 400 and 6 TD's.

UCLA...

#Overrated
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Yeah, I thought it was bullshit when UCLA jumped Utah in the AP rankings.

3 games on tonight with 6 future opponents for Utah. ASU is looking pretty good...against a bad Oregon defense.

UW and CU looking the best.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    UW and CU looking the best.
    Washington looks a lot better then Colorado. Colorado forgot there was a 2nd half.

Cal also looked good... for the first half.

Pac-12 Football

Congrats ASU, you keep your coach for a few more games because the ducks have no defense.

ASU acting like they just won a championship.

USC falls to WaZoo, that's good for Utah :-)

21. Likes gholt liked this post
    USC...

#Overrated
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

23. Likes gholt liked this post
    Usc Overrated every year. You never know if you get their super athletes, or when they fold.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk