Thread: Fall Colors begin at Snowbasin w/ drone video

Fall Colors begin at Snowbasin w/ drone video

We had a great ride this week in the Snowbasin area on our favorite trail. For anybody that has not done this ride, NOW is the time. This is a great ride to see the colors, and we set up a shuttle so it's mostly downhill.

We drop a vehicle at the bottom of Wheeler Canyon by Pineview Dam, then we drive up to Snowbasin resort, lower parking lot. Bike up towards Ogden Outlook / Overlook. If you've got the time, take the fork out to the overlook, I think it will add half a mile to your ride but it's worth it. Then come back to the fork and continue on to Sardine Peak which will give you a cool overlook of Pineview Reservoir, shown in the video.

Then lots of GREAT downhill stretches through the trees as you come down Sardine, towards Wheeler Creek, and the trail will meet up in the Meadow, one of the last shots in the video. Ride down more miles of singletrack following Wheeler Creek, and then fork off to Icebox Canyon, a really cool section of the trail as it follows close to the river. Then join into Wheeler Canyon doubletrack as you cruise down the canyon to your vehicle at the bottom.

Much of this route is also the Xterra race route.

I'll be trying to get up there again this week to fly and film more in Wheeler Canyon and Icebox, it should look really nice with the colors.

If anybody is interested in this ride on a weeknight, we try to meet up at Wheeler Canyon at 5, maybe a little earlier now, and we're coming out just as it gets dark. Hit me up on here, Facebook messenger, or my Cell is the same number I've had for 15 years.

Enjoy. These are the "first" colors, it will only get better.

Drone video

2. Likes kiwi_outdoors liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement