Thread: Meanwhile.......down in Luzianna.........

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

Meanwhile.......down in Luzianna.........

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0b3bb4b088bcd

What can I say? We are blessed that this system didn't stall out 15 miles further to the east or this would be me and my family. Helping and sending necessary items is just a drop in the bucket for what is needed. Most folks didn't have flood insurance because they didn't live in a flood zone. I've lived here the majority of my life and have never seen anything like this (so wide spread) not even during hurricanes. First people who showed up with food, water and care items was the LDS church. As we were unpacking a small trailer we used to bring things up to the Denham Springs area, 3 semi trucks rolled in. Check out some of the stories on the "Cajun Navy". It's all about people helping themselves and each other down here. Keep Louisiana in your prayers!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

2. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Huffington Post founder Arianna Huffington to step down:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37047416

Not that it's got anything to with Louisiana, what with living upon a flood plain....where things flood, occasionally.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Most homes that flooded were not in flood zones and therefore didn't require flood insurance from their mortgage companies. Contrary to popular belief, all of Louisiana isn't a swamp.

"The Louisiana Flood of 2016 was triggered by a complicated, slow-moving low-pressure weather system that dumped as much as two feet of rain on parts of East Baton Rouge, Livingston and St. Helena parishes in 48 hours. The record two-day rainfall in those areas had a 0.1 percent chance of occurring in any year, the equivalent of a "1,000-year rain", according to the Lower Mississippi River Forecast Center, based at the Slidell office of the National Weather Service."
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

6. Likes Scott Card liked this post
    On a related note, Drones are helping to save lives here:

http://dronelife.com/2016/08/17/dron...uisiana-flood/

I've been wanting to contact some Search and Rescue teams to offer my time and equipment to assist with any local searches. I would like to help out someday.

8. Likes Scott Card liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum