Thread: Waterfall Rappeling in the Wasatch

Waterfall Rappeling in the Wasatch

There's probably already a thread on this, but what options are there for waterfall rappelling in the Wasatch. Here's what I currently know (north to south):

Adams Waterfall
    Hidden Falls
    Lisa Falls
    Great White Icicle
    Rocky Mouth Canyon
    Stewart Falls
    Bridal Veil Falls

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Battle Creek Falls too.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

4. Likes qedcook liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Malans waterfall (waterfall canyon in Ogden).

Also, you could add "Lower Adams Waterfall" to that list, although it is just 15feet. But it is a very short approach.

And there is Grotto Falls in Payson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

6. Likes qedcook liked this post
    Willard canyon has several large waterfalls

Scout Falls (along the trail to summit Timp from the AF side) looks interesting. Haven't heard of anyone dropping it though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Just a heads up. Been hearing a lot of people getting core shots on the last rap from stewart falls including myself. Just a heads up !!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotabelliston View Post
    Just a heads up. Been hearing a lot of people getting core shots on the last rap from stewart falls including myself. Just a heads up !!!
    Do you have any pictures of this rap, the rope-eater?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Here's the Adams Canyon Waterfall that @jman and I did a week and a half ago.

Sorry Jman everytime I try to post pictures on bogley it doesn't work. I will have to play with it more when I get home. The rap that I believe is eating ropes is the very last rap. The big 300 ft where everyone is standing at the base lol.

I've descended the entire Lisa Falls couloir ropeless at the end of May early one morning. Crampons were necessary. A rope was not. Very canyoneering esque. Pretty significant approach though. I suppose you could rap the last waterfall instead of walk around it and there are a few places where a nonclimber would prefer to rappel up higher too, but they were downclimbable in those conditions. I know the skiers who do it earlier in the year usually do one rappel, but it's not at Lisa Falls. I think most just hike around that spot.