Thread: Backpacking in Spanish Fork

Backpacking in Spanish Fork

I am looking to go backpacking this weekend near the Fifth Water hot springs in Spanish Fork and wondering if there are good areas not too far from the hot springs for backpacking. I have never been to Diamond Fork Canyon before and I don't know the area very well. From what I've read, the camping spots near the hot springs are constantly noisy from the people hiking to the springs. If anyone has suggestions of where to go that would be great. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You can climb Spanish Fork Peak from that area, but this time of year there is no water. You can also climb Mount Nebo or backpack the Nebo Bench Trail.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

There are good trails up most of the "Waters" canyons and more trails up near the Strawberry Ridge, which is the ridgeline at the head of all the canyons. You will need a good map and a GPS would be really handy as things start to look the same and have similar features.

If you are looking for solitude, might not be a great weekend to go as its the opening of the bow hunt for deer. Gonna be a lot of people hiking and road hunting.