Thread: Help needed (accadacca's family)

Help needed (accadacca's family)

Maybe this should be shared here as well?

Better link (added by Justin) https://www.gofundme.com/2hzevs4

How sad.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. Likes DiscGo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Heartfelt condolences. I'm just speechless right now.

For those playing along at home, this was Accadacca's youngest sister and niece.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=40934815&nid=148

5. Likes Scott P liked this post
    Very tragic. FYI, the gofundme.com/lambourne link was created by me while at the same time another family member started this campaign which is gaining more traction, so I'm promoting thisother one:

https://www.gofundme.com/2hzevs4

Here's a little background, Scott's family has a lakeside house in Fish Haven, Bear Lake on the Idaho side. His family was caught on the lake by a big wind storm, if anybody is familiar with Bear Lake you may know how fast those wind storms can change the environment. His daughter was on a boat, maybe a kayak? and fell off, so Scott's sister and her daughter came to help her out. In the end, his sister and her daughter both drowned. Very very sad. Fortunately, Scott's daughter was resuscitated with CPR and survived.

My family was up there this weekend too and Scott and I talked about going on a bike ride on Stump Hollow together with our boys but we just couldn't line up.

Not too long ago I had a high school friend who lost his daughter and her friend on Bear Lake too, maybe 2 years ago. Their boat had capsized in a wind storm as well.

I imagine it's going to be difficult to go back to their family property, as Scott and his family were up there quite a bit. We were talking about going back up there in a couple of weeks, but man, that is just terrible.

7. Likes Scott P liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Sincere condolences to Scott and his family.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

9. Likes Scott P liked this post
    My wife told me this happened, but I had no idea it was his family.

So sorry for the loss and my deepest condolences to him and his family at this time.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    My deepest sympathy to you and your family Scott. May God be with you all during this most difficult time. Keeping you in my prayers.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Very tragic. FYI, the gofundme.com/lambourne link was created by me while at the same time another family member started this campaign which is gaining more traction, so I'm promoting thisother one:

Here's a little background, Scott's family has a lakeside house in Fish Haven, Bear Lake on the Idaho side. His family was caught on the lake by a big wind storm, if anybody is familiar with Bear Lake you may know how fast those wind storms can change the environment. His daughter was on a boat, maybe a kayak? and fell off, so Scott's sister and her daughter came to help her out. In the end, his sister and her daughter both drowned. Very very sad. Fortunately, Scott's daughter was resuscitated with CPR and survived.

My family was up there this weekend too and Scott and I talked about going on a bike ride on Stump Hollow together with our boys but we just couldn't line up.

Not too long ago I had a high school friend who lost his daughter and her friend on Bear Lake too, maybe 2 years ago. Their boat had capsized in a wind storm as well.

I imagine it's going to be difficult to go back to their family property, as Scott and his family were up there quite a bit. We were talking about going back up there in a couple of weeks, but man, that is just terrible.
    A friend posted this on Facebook today as well. So, the word is definitely getting around. I hope this helps to ease some of the financial burden they face.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Thanks all. I really appreciate it. Very difficult time for us. The family is banding together and supporting each another. This has been so instrumental in the grieving process. Especially for my brother in law and young son. Anything that you can donate will certainly help them.

Hey Scott.

I donated some money but I wish I could do more for you and your family. My heart goes to you guys.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    Hey Scott.

I donated some money but I wish I could do more for you and your family. My heart goes to you guys.
    I really appreciate it Dan. My family is doing ok. We hurt for my brother in law and nephew. All we can do is love them and help anyway possible. I wish we had the power to bring them back.

16. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Sorry your family has to go through this, Scott. My heart aches for you and I can't even imagine what everyone involved must be going through. Despite all the crap going on in the world, I'm constantly amazed at the goodness of peoples hearts as shown by the amount donated on the gofundme page. I know money won't fix the pain of grieving but, it helps some of us feel like we've at least done something to help.
    Are we there yet?

18. Likes whansen liked this post