Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Olympic Games Rio 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    The police* seem to uphold that definition. That brings us right back to shooting.

Rob

* Note I do not define the police of any particular country
    Yo Rob, have you ever shot a gun? Just curious with you being from the UK. If not next time I see you I'll bring a couple and a box of bullets and show you something that's as much fun as canyoneering.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yo Rob, have you ever shot a gun? Just curious with you being from the UK. If not next time I see you I'll bring a couple and a box of bullets and show you something that's as much fun as canyoneering.
    I do not find it as fun as canyoneering. Then again, maybe it just isn't as fun when you are being graded on it.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I do not find it as fun as canyoneering. Then again, maybe it just isn't as fun when you are being graded on it.
    Shooting is a lot like sex. If you're not having any fun doing it you're probably doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Shooting is a lot like sex. If you're not having any fun doing it you're probably doing it wrong.

I didn't say it wasn't fun, but only that it wasn't as fun as canyoneering.

I was able to qualify sharpshooter in the military, but missed expert by one shot a couple of times. It's kind of frustrating to be almost there, but not quite since qualifying expert is an honor. Shooting would be more fun if you weren't graded on it, I think. Of course in the military you need to graded and the pressure from being graded is much less than the pressure of being shot at. Shooting isn't as fun when someone else is shooting back. Luckily though, I never got into that situation.

I did get to fire all kinds of weapons though. My favorite was the LAW, though those things don't fire straight. M60's are pretty fun too, and we weren't graded on that.

I was able to score expert every time on hand grenades, but as people say "close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades". Does that mean that I really didn't have to score expert on that one?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

6. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

Yes, Shane, I have shot a gun. Admittedly several decades ago at Bisley, when it was a UK Military shooting range. .303 1000 yard East Midlands Secondary Schools champion.

It's a skill which I have lost and have no interest in finding again, but I do appreciate your offer.

Best regards,
    Rob