Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bogley Fantasy Football - 2016

Bogley Fantasy Football - 2016

It's that time again. Who's in? Watch for the renewal notice if you played last year. Seems like all the managers were particpating last year.

Every year it's super competitive so I'm hesitant to make any changes.Last year we briefly discussed the idea of modifying the waiver wire. This is what I had said back then

the only rule change I feel strongly about and that I've seen improve our other league is a change to the waiver wire. It becomes even more competitive
    when the waiver wire works in a true last place gets first choice scenario. Currently, even though, our waiver wire order resets each week it really only applies if two people add the same person at the exact same time. Which never happens so really whoever adds the person first, no matter when it is, get the waiver addition. We changed that in our other league so that all waiver wire additions occur Wednesday morning per the waiver wire order. This gives teams in bottom positions a better chance at improving their team. You can still add Wednesday thru Monday but only for players that haven't played in case you realize at the last second you need someone or an injury update changes something.

For example let's say you have Leveon Bell. He gets injured during the game. Currently there would be a race to add Dengelo WIlliams in order
    to get him first and if you look through our waiver wire you'll see that players are being added mid-game when they are doing well. Whereas with
    the new waiver rules the worst teams would have first crack at the top waiver additions

So that is the only change I propose but we should discuss it as a group and determine if it's one we want to change.

beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We do have at least one opening that I know of since Jason (RB's Cleats) won't be returning. So if anyone knows someone....
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I vote for the waiver wire change if it helps the bottom feeders.

I'm back.....I'll play

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I'm sending an email separately to see if everyone is really signed up and renewed as Yahoo shows.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I'm in bitchez.....

The draft is set for Labor Day weekend. I know I will be on the mtn camping. I will just auto draft it doesn't end up getting changed, I very rarely end up with the original roster anyways

Didn't realize that. Let me take a look at the dates.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Anybody else want to join? I've got one more but we need even teams so I'm looking for another.

Also I'm going to move the draft to the evening of Labor Day, Sept. 5th rather than the Sunday before. I think most of us will be back from our adventures by Monday evening. Thoughts?
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I'm good with whatever it ends up being

A reminder the draft is next Monday and I did make the waiver wire change. We'll see how it goes initially and we can opt out of it at any time if we want to.

So we have a rolling waiver wire rule now. The short and quick is that waiver wire rule adds and drops for the new week aren't 'opened' till Tuesday and the waiver order is assigned by standings.

Here's how it works, if we are watching football on Sunday and antonio brown breaks his leg during the game we would all go and add the other WR on that team. But that won't be reflected in anyone's lineup until Tuesday morning. And the person with the lowest standing that added the new guy would get him.

Let's say it's Sunday morning and you realize your kicker is benched. You would still be able to add a kicker that morning to repair your lineup since the waivers run Tuesday to Tuesday and the players aren't locked until they've played.

Another scenario, let's say its10 minutes before the game and antonio brown breaks his leg during warm ups. Whoever adds the other WR, before game time, would see that waiver processed immediately.

Basically any player who's team has started a game from Thursday to Monday night isn't eligible to be added to a roster till tuesday morning and the order the waivers are processed is determined by standings.

Make sense? Hope so!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Sounds like a good rule change to me :-)

I just got home at midnight from Great Basin. We will see how well the auto draft did for me this year

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Projected 96 points for the sad-sack injuns this week...wound up with over 150.

Sun even shines on a dog's ass some days...

19. Likes 2065toyota liked this post
    Lamar Miller and C.J. Anderson should combine for over seventy points tonight, and the injuns will pull out the win.

Big Ballz are kicking ass and taking names. Who is next?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Big Ballz are kicking ass and taking names. Who is next?
    You're next bitch. Next week my boy Zeke Elliott comes off his bye just in time to drop his fifth 130+ yard game on your ass.