Thread: BYU to the Big 12?

BYU to the Big 12?

Alright all you Ute fans, opinions please. Sports radio seems to believe that Ute fans deep down don't want to see BYU in the Big 12. They want to continue to hold the PAC 12 over the Cougars and gleefully rub it in their faces. Soooooooo.....

Will the Cougars be invited?

Do you want them to be invited?
    Life is Good

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I would love to see BYU in a Power 5 conference.... and I still think BYU sucks ;-)

The only downside I really see as a Utah fan is it might hurt Utah's recruiting of in-state players to some degree. As it is most HS players hope to eventually play in a P5 conference and since BYU can't currently offer that it has to help Utah in the recruiting wars. This really shows up right now on the field as Utah has better athlete's top to bottom at the moment.

I am excited to see BYU back in the running for the Big 12. Way better choice than the others IMHO.

Although I am a little concerned that now both teams will not want to play each other because of the same reason Utah has not wanted to play the last couple years.

The NCAA needs to step in a do something about P5 teams scheduling too many cupcakes. The SEC out of conference scheduling has become a joke. This season, 26 of the SEC’s 56 non-conference games (46.4 percent) qualify as a “cupcake game”, which is also the same percentage of cupcakes as last season.

Perhaps make a rule that P5 teams can only schedule one FCS opponent every 3 years or something. The only reason I'm not for eliminating FCS teams entirely is it's usually a big payday for a FCS program. They show up, get their ass kick, collect a huge check that pays for the season and than they go home.

Props to the Big Ten as beginning this season the Big Ten eliminated FCS opponents from the schedule.

And lets just say I'm less than thrilled for the Utah vs Southern Utah game to open the season.... YAWN....

6. Likes Scott Card liked this post
    Would the potential move to the Big 12 be for all BYU sports programs? Or would it continue to be split?

All sports, this talk of football only is just sports talk shows looking for cannon fodder. Football only would be a lose/lose for BYU and the Big 10

Every BYU fan is hoping for all sports, not football only. I think BYU has the programs to not only compete but add to the conference in just about every sport.
    Life is Good

10. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Every BYU fan is hoping for all sports, not football only. I think BYU has the programs to not only compete but add to the conference in just about every sport.
    But how will, never on Sunday, play out in all sports?
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    But how will, never on Sunday, play out in all sports?
    I guess the same way it has in every other conference BYU has played in.
    Life is Good

The BYU athletic director recently stated BYU would work around the Sunday issue to be part of the Big 10, which I found very surprising. And exactly what work around means I have no clue. But I really don't see it as a big sticking point as BYU has always been able to make it work in the past. No other school currently available can bring the instant and huge fan base that BYU can, which is a huge plus.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum