Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Brim Trail at Powder Mountain

  1. #1

    Brim Trail at Powder Mountain

    This is a relatively new trail, it's not quite on the resort, it's definitely not in the ski area. This is @6 mile loop, and for my first time I chose to ride it clockwise, while I ran into a few other groups that were riding counter clockwise. I think I'll try that next, but I was not disappointed in the route I went.

    Since this trail is somewhat new, I expected to see maybe 1 or 2 riders. But I encountered at least 6 different groups of riders, and a few single riders. There is a fear that publishing trails like this will only bring more crowds, but I think all of the local mountain bikers have already heard about this. One thing it does have in favor of keeping the crowds down, is the driving distance. You have to go clear up to Powder Mountain up that ridiculous road, and then keep driving East past the resort on the new paved road.

    Here is a link to my map:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dO...zI&usp=sharing

    Here are a few pictures, I packed the drone up there too.

    Video Here:


































  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #2
    That's a long drive for such a short route. I'm guessing you could combine it with other trails in the area for some greater distance?
    Are we there yet?

  4. #3
    Yeah there are maybe 4 trails up there in that area. For me it took maybe 40 minutes to get up there, it was just about perfect for an after work ride. The trail can be done in about an hour, but I stopped plenty of times and put in at least an hour of drone flying time too. I got back to my car right after sunset.

  5. #4
    I love this trail, but I do wish it was a little longer ride. You can always just do 2 laps, hopefully someday soon, they build some more trails linked to it.

  6. #5
    Yeah I was impressed, I thought it's a relatively new trail but it's very established and worn in already. I thought there were about 4 trails up in the area now, something like Britton's Ribbon (spelling), and a couple of other ones.

    I'm trying to produce the drone video of this trail, I think I got some good stuff.

  7. #6

  8. #7
    Cool video. I really like these. I'm thinking it'd be cool to do a drone video of a night ride up there. Ge in nice and tight on teh riders. Not sure there'd be enough light to show much, but could be cool for a short segment.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    Cool video. I really like these. I'm thinking it'd be cool to do a drone video of a night ride up there. Ge in nice and tight on teh riders. Not sure there'd be enough light to show much, but could be cool for a short segment.
    Yeah the night ride footage would definitely be different, maybe a time lapse showing the light trails or something. Otherwise it's just a video of a light against a black background and there is nothing used for reference, especially if the drone is moving.

    Here is my KSL write up on the trail, btw

    http://www.ksl.com/?sid=41010346&nid...anoramic-views

  10. #9
    maybe a full moon night, so there'd be some ambient light. Following a few riders with 2 lights each. That would possibly throw enough light to where the camera would pick up the trail surroundings?? Not sure.

  11. #10
    I was up AF Canyon a couple of nights ago and ran into a Forest Service fire crew from the Pleasant Grove District. Since I knew a few of them, and they me, we chatted for a bit. One of the guys mentioned he had just transferred down from the Ogden District. He said Powder Mountain recently hired away the head guy from Basin Rec. He's the person who designed and built many of the world class Park City area trails. According to this fire crew guy, Powder Mountains end goal is to make Powder Mountain a destination mtn. biking resort. Hopefully, this info is all accurate so, watch for many more trails to come.
    This same guy told me the Forest Service is also going to start or has started already more trails in the Wheeler Canyon / Icebox area.
    Are we there yet?

  12. Likes gholt liked this post
  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    maybe a full moon night, so there'd be some ambient light. Following a few riders with 2 lights each. That would possibly throw enough light to where the camera would pick up the trail surroundings?? Not sure.
    Yeah, possibly. It would be an interesting experiment nonetheless

    Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    I was up AF Canyon a couple of nights ago and ran into a Forest Service fire crew from the Pleasant Grove District. Since I knew a few of them, and they me, we chatted for a bit. One of the guys mentioned he had just transferred down from the Ogden District. He said Powder Mountain recently hired away the head guy from Basin Rec. He's the person who designed and built many of the world class Park City area trails. According to this fire crew guy, Powder Mountains end goal is to make Powder Mountain a destination mtn. biking resort. Hopefully, this info is all accurate so, watch for many more trails to come.
    This same guy told me the Forest Service is also going to start or has started already more trails in the Wheeler Canyon / Icebox area.
    Interesting, the Icebox Canyon trail is one of my favorites, I wonder where they would put some more trails.

Similar Threads

  1. [Beta] Powder Mountain Brim Trail
    By Sombeech in forum Mountain Biking & Cycling
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-21-2015, 08:16 PM
  2. [Trip Report] Powder Mountain Jan 2013
    By Sombeech in forum Snow Boarding, Skiing, XC & Nordic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2013, 09:38 PM
  3. Day 1 Powder Mountain
    By Sombeech in forum Snow Boarding, Skiing, XC & Nordic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2012, 02:01 AM
  4. Powder Mountain, UT 2/8/08
    By FirstTracks in forum Snow Boarding, Skiing, XC & Nordic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 11:39 PM
  5. More Powder Mountain pic's!
    By sreed in forum Snow Boarding, Skiing, XC & Nordic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 09:49 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •