Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lake Powell - Annies Canyon

Lake Powell - Annies Canyon

Quote Originally Posted by Utah Canyoneer View Post
    Ha ha, ok. Got it. So next step is figuring out how other people have successfully made their water pockets. Time for some research! Boy am I going to be sad if I don't need one for this canyon
    I am the inventor and maker of the Waterpocket, for which I have applied for a trademark with the USPTO. I "successfully" make them all the time.

The Atwood Waterpocket is the safest, most proven, and most reliable water based anchor there is.

Because of my love for, and experience with canyons in GCNRA I have an interest in promoting the use of the Waterpocket as a means of maintaining the low impact, exploration ethic of the canyons there.

Having been through this canyon several times (known by its explorers as Daddy Warbucks) I can say that using a Waterpocket in this canyon is the cleanest way to do it. There are places where rope grooves are developing from the use of sandtraps where a Waterpocket can be used with much less impact.

If @TommyBoy joins you for this Canyon and you'd like your own after seeing it used, contact me via email atwoodgear@gmail.com

2. Likes Utah Canyoneer, dakotabelliston liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    I am the inventor and maker of the Waterpocket, for which I have applied for a trademark with the USPTO. I "successfully" make them all the time.

The Atwood Waterpocket is the safest, most proven, and most reliable water based anchor there is.

Because of my love for, and experience with canyons in GCNRA I have an interest in promoting the use of the Waterpocket as a means of maintaining the low impact, exploration ethic of the canyons there.

Having been through this canyon several times (known by its explorers as Daddy Warbucks) I can say that using a Waterpocket in this canyon is the cleanest way to do it. There are places where rope grooves are developing from the use of sandtraps where a Waterpocket can be used with much less impact.

If @TommyBoy joins you for this Canyon and you'd like your own after seeing it used, contact me via email atwoodgear@gmail.com
    How is the waterpocket in this canyon working any different the a sand trap as far as the pull is concerned? It's been a while but as I remember we only used the trap on one rappel in there?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

After giving this some thought , I guess if you can release the water before pulling it would definitely be easier then dumping the sand while pulling?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6. Likes WalkingMan liked this post