Thread: Zion canyoning friends

Zion canyoning friends

Hi everyone. I am an Australian canyoneer and I've done two canyons in Zion before and I'm very keen to do more. My wife and I are looking for people who know the canyons better than we will to come with us on some canyons or just suggest good canyons for us to do. We are very experienced in canyoning in the blue mountains Australia and have done a lot of rock climbing too. We will be in Springdale end of July into August. If anyone wants to take us out or point us in the right direction that would be awesome. Cheers.

2. Likes dakotabelliston, arnellfam liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Welcome!

Does the end of July include the 23rd by chance?

If so, I have two extra permits for the Subway that you are welcome to join in on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Which two canyons have you already done?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

We did pine creek. And a dry one outside the NP just for some reapeling practice I think it had sheep in the name. Like big horn sheep knoll or something.
    We are still unsure of the exact date we will be in Zion but will post as soon as we know.
    Cheers,
    Jarrah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrahturton View Post
    We did pine creek. And a dry one outside the NP just for some reapeling practice I think it had sheep in the name. Like big horn sheep knoll or something.
    That would be Lambs Knoll aka Snake Alley.

@Jarrahturton

What are some of the more challenging canyons you have done in the Blue Mountains? Have you done 10 canyons there? 100 canyons?

Do you normally lead your canyon trips?

It would be nice to convert your Australian skill level to a Zion skill level, then we can talk about specific canyons.

Could I kindly ask a moderator to move this thread to 'canyoneering', so that the OP might have a better chance of finding partners? @Sombeech @accadacca Please and thank you.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Dudes, @accadacca @Sombeech , now it is in the newbies sub-forum, now NOBODY will see it...
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

10. Likes dakotabelliston liked this post
    Got it, sorry, down in Escalante at the moment

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

12. Likes Taylor, Slot Machine liked this post
    I have done over 30 different canyons and some I have done dozens of times. I am 29 years old and have been canyoning since I was 9 years old in the blue mountains. I often lead the canyon trips we go on. We are not looking for baby sitters we are looking for some fun people who know the area and the best canyons for the effort required. Canyons I've done here Include; butter box, heart attack, galar, dalpura, dargan, twister, rocky creek, kelvenator, coinslot, serendipity, arathusa, grand, pipeline, starlight, fig root, Geronimo, horse shoe, whungee Whingee as well as rock climbing and off track hiking.

I think pointing you towards our beta sites may assist you with more information than any of us can give on here. This way you can research possible obstacles, difficulty levels, distance, time requirements etc. Then if you have any questions about specific canyons please feel free to ask.

Canyoneeringusa.com
    bluugnome.com
    roadtripryan.com
    clim-butah.com

These are just some of the sites that I use or have used. There are a lot of factors that factor in to the canyons you can or will be able to do. It sounds like your very skilled but I know nothing of the canyons in Australia (maybe one day). You will want to factor in your ability to complete pot hole escapes, cold water protection, what rope lengths you have, what your time restraint is etc.

I wish you the best of luck & FYI if you can take up @jman on a subway trip you best do it. That is one of the hardest permits to get in Zion. It's not extremely technical but it is incredible.