Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit is killing the Dow futures in overnight.

Brexit is killing the Dow futures in overnight.

Strong words from the Scots. Interesting that Londoners voted 60% to stay in the EU.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

So basically William Wallace was the last Scott who had any balls.

I was wakesurfing at Pineview when all of this news about Brexit happened, so I didn't get to watch any of it go down, nor have I chosen to study up on this topic.

I stand by my decision.

There is blood in the water and stocks are low... probably a good time to buy.

I also predict 10 years down the road Brexit will prove good for the UK.

/Bookmarked

I voted out. The darn Krauts tried to take over the UK in 1914 and again in 1939 and again in 1975. This time I have had my say. Further: England needs to get rid of the Scots (huge £££ burden...and I'm part Scot myself, so I say that with equanimity )

I'm surprised that the Bogley Community has taken so long to make mention about what will affect the US as well as us over here.

Rob

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    globalization destroys wealthy countries, plain and simple.

It's nice to be able to help other nations but when you do it at your own countries peril, it's not wise.

We have enough problems left unsolved in this country that need repair.

Liberalism is death to any country and history has proven this.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Gobalization makes all countries equal....

....equally poor....

Brexit is killing the Dow futures in overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post

Liberalism is death to any country and history has proven this.
    Interesting statements.

What wealthy country has globalization destroyed?

China? Germany? The US?

Which one(s)?

Liberalism has caused the death of what countries?

(Please don't say Nazi Germany...!)

Just curious. Seems like absolute statements of facts. I just can't think of any obvious examples, and, plenty of "state failures" that weren't due to liberalism and globalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    I voted out. The darn Krauts tried to take over the UK in 1914 and again in 1939 and again in 1975. This time I have had my say. Further: England needs to get rid of the Scots (huge £££ burden...and I'm part Scot myself, so I say that with equanimity )

I'm surprised that the Bogley Community has taken so long to make mention about what will affect the US as well as us over here.

Rob
    Interesting POV, Rob. You're the first person I've heard of voting for leaving the EU.

You voted out because of Germany?

What were the other reasons?

I'm not sure how this might affect the US election in the fall, but, it could have some influence. I mean, your PM stepped down. Wow. The pound plummeted to being worth 1.33 USD. A euro is 1.11 USD. Wow. Book a trip across the puddle!

No kidding...we've been tracking airline fares to Europe. They took a huge dive today. Nearly two tickets for the price of one. Pulled the trigger. Unreal. Delta Airlines. Crazy. Related to all this business, or, travel down to Europe, or, low oil prices, or, all three? Maybe.

Someone on the news today mentioned a poll earlier this year (or late last year) if they would vote for uncertainty and change or stay the same. 53% of US voted for change. Interesting. We'll see how it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So basically William Wallace was the last Scott who had any balls.
    I believe the English removed them whilst he was still alive...(yikes).

Reminds me a lot of chicken little.... no factories were bombed, no people were killed, no treasuries were looted, no women were raped or villages pillaged. There is really no logical reason for both the pound and euro to fall so far other than fear mongering. England and the rest of Europe will still be standing tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    Interesting statements.

China? Germany? The US?

Which one(s)?

Just curious. Seems like absolute statements of facts. I just can't think of any obvious examples, and, plenty of "state failures" that weren't due to liberalism and globalization.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...y-all-our-debt

I'm sure you know how the Fed. reserve works and you have a full grasp of Quantitative easing.

So are we prosperous or living on borrowed time(and money)?
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    Interesting statements.

China? Germany? The US?

Which one(s)?

Venezuela
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I wouldn't say the EU's collapse is imminent but if more players bow out it will surely collapse.

EU pretty much is the definition of globalism.

Mass immigration will speed the collapse.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

When speaking of globalization, it is important to point out that the US itself is probably one of the best examples of globalization there is. Keep in mind that the US covers more than twice the amount of land as the entire EU combined (though the EU has more people, though this could change in the next century).

Not only did the US interact and integrate with other nations, but actually combined them to make one super-nation stretching across an entire continent.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC

Interesting POV, Rob. You're the first person I've heard of voting for leaving the EU.
    Hello Brian:

Well 52% of my fellow Citizens did too...? You & I must lead different lives and meet different people. I get forced to sell fruit & vegetables by the Kilo, not the pound. I have to buy petrol by the litre, not the gallon. They do graciously allow me buy beer by the pint.

I cannot have straight bananas, or bent cucumbers. My butchers have to give up their traditional old wooden chopping boards because they are unhealthy. Only for them to be reintroduced 10 years later because the plastic replacements were "too unhealthy".

Great Britain joined the EEC in by Referendum in 1975. That trade agreement (like EFTA, NAFTA, and other well-established free-trade agreements) had no political overtones. Since then we have been slowly, ever so slowly, under the progressive influence, politically, of the Germans.

I voted out, and I don't care of the implications. I have had enough with the status quo, and so have the majority of the people in my country.

Sorry for going on so.

Rob

20. Likes oldno7, Iceaxe liked this post
    Most Americans (Bogley members may be better?) don't even really know what the EU is. Reading through the comments on news stories is embarrassing. Some are confusing the EU with the UN and some are even confusing it with NATO.

Many Americans (probably the majority) can't even point to the UK on a map.

Anyway, for your entertainment:

https://youtu.be/7SkN1h5fJKM

As for myself, I say let the UK decide for themselves and keep the US out of the decision.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Most Americans (Bogley members may be better?) don't even know what the EU is. Reading through the comments on news stories is embarrassing. Some are confusing the EU with the UN and some even with NATO.

A lot of Americans (maybe even a majority) can't even point to the UK on a map.

Anyway, for your entertainment:

https://youtu.be/7SkN1h5fJKM

As for myself, I say let the UK decide for themselves and keep the US out of the decision.
    Agreed! I've lived ~17 years abroad in Europe, spent good time in the UK (Basingstoke, etc) and can pinpoint most of the world on the map. That being stated, I know with certainty, most Americans couldn't spot Kansas on the map let alone the UK or Germany.

Most of what Americans seem to know these days comes from Hip-Hop, music videos and anything discerned via Twitter. Sad days..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

23. Likes Scott P liked this post