Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Brexit is killing the Dow futures in overnight.

Brexit appears to be heading for a trainwreck... thoughts?

Personally I think the left is extremely over-hyping what a hard exit will involve trying to scare the sheepeople into another vote to stay in the EU.

When Britain leaves and other countries see it wasn't a catastrophe it will be a stampede to the exits.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Personally, I think this whole thing is just the European oligarchs fighting over the spoils. Citizens be damned...corruption at its apex.

Hey Ross...what's your opinion? What about you, Rob? You guys actually live there, I'd like to get you take on it.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    ..What about you, Rob? You guys actually live there, I'd like to get you take on it.

I have no input after my initial vote upon the referendum back in 2016. Nor do any people of my country, apart from the politicians. It is embarrassing to me that the "popular vote" can't be instituted.

So I have chosen to ignore the whole Brexit thing, because I can't change it or influence it, whatever the outcome involves. My business is UK only, so the EU doesn't affect me directly. What has affected me (since 2016) is the poor exchange rate I get between my pound and your dollar, simply because I travel to the US a lot as a tourist, and I do buy a small quantity of US products.

You guys & gals should be taking advantage of the exchange rate and taking that UK vacation trip that you always promised yourselves.

Rob

Boom!!!

UK PM Theresa May announces resignation amid fury over Brexit handling

https://www.foxnews.com/world/uk-pm-...rexit-handling

Took your advice. My girlfriend and I will be spending two weeks going through England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Ireland. Right now we're looking at an exchange rate of $1 to about 79 pence and €1 being equal to $1.12. Unfortunately, Dublin looks to be the more expensive stop on our list than the UK. Our hotel in Dublin is nearly a third more expensive than anywhere else.

We leave Sunday!
    Just 'cause it zips, don't mean it fits

Esther McVey: 3rd female PM? The best looking one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    Took your advice. My girlfriend and I will be spending two weeks going through England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Ireland. Right now we're looking at an exchange rate of $1 to about 79 pence and €1 being equal to $1.12. Unfortunately, Dublin looks to be the more expensive stop on our list than the UK. Our hotel in Dublin is nearly a third more expensive than anywhere else.

We leave Sunday!
    Have a great trip! Drink Guiness in Dublin, because it's the best place to drink it. Imported, it's not the same. (Dublin is the second-most expensive City in Europe after Paris...Barcelona is third).

Go to Plockton in Scotland.

Rob

So it appears the UK finally has a strong leader, who has already basically told the EU they can shove it up their ass, the UK is leaving the EU, and they are taking their money with them.... Boris Johnson is described as the British Trump.

...and also as predicted the liberal media hates the guy.

The following article is a good read.

Boris Johnson has already made a huge imprint on British government and politics

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/newt...ain-government

Climb-Utah.com

11. Likes BasinCruiser, Iceaxe liked this post
    If Boris is a mini-me he will do great things for the UK.

Despite what you hear from our #FAKENEWS our country, under Trump, is doing awesome. Unemployment is at historic lows, wages are at historic highs, families have record savings, our stock markets are at historic highs and our economy is booming.

#MAGA

Climb-Utah.com

True that. I can't wait to listen to the democrats tell us tonight all about how broken the economy is and how they want to totally stop all that progress. All in the name of progress.

Boris Johnson and the Tories Party appear to be crushing the opposition in today's UK election.

In case you don't know who Boris Johnson is, you can think of him as the UK version of Donald Trump. Now that Johnson and his party have control over the government Brexit should happen very quickly.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9244756.html

Climb-Utah.com

15. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Name:  9F8FCB8E-399B-41EB-B87C-B585DDAA062C.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  20.8 KB

Name:  86E48F31-9DB2-4D6E-8AFF-EF0B99B25140.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  19.3 KB

Is that what these are all about? Sounds like the UK left is no more civilized and better losers than the USA ones.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

17. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    The globalist hate Donald Trump and Boris Johnson with a burning passion.

If you want to see what's going to happen in our 2020 election watch what is happening in the UK. The middle eventually gets tired of the bullshit and votes those they consider responsible for the bullshit out. The GOP suffered this fate for impeaching Clinton and the Democrats will suffer this fate for impeaching Trump. This isn't rocket science if you follow history.

The 10 percent in the middle is who actually elects the president. And they ALWAYS vote their pocketbook.

Climb-Utah.com

Boris Johnson vows to resolve Brexit by Jan 31st, European markets hit record high after Conservative sweep

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bor...ueen-elizabeth

Climb-Utah.com

20. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    They even parrot the same action. ‘I’m moving to Canada’. 🤣🤣🤣

Name:  7C3FBCFE-48C0-4FAF-B497-7D79D906B8A0.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  21.0 KB
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

Mountain Man
    Nigel Farage, the godfather of Brexit, was cautiously optimistic post the election about the chances for a real Brexit. As opposed to Boris backpedaling and/or negotiating some weak Teresa May type agreement. But he cautioned the fight wasn't over. Well, looks like Boris is introducing a great bill, to put a legally binding limit on negotiations to exit, thereby increasing the chances of a hard Brexit. Really good news. Farage gambled that helping the Conservatives would help Brexit. The establishment of the UK Conservative party is, like the Repubs here, corporate and not particularly for Brexit or immigration reform or trade disruption. They'll go along, though.

Needless to say, I follow this issue closely.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...tlaw-extension

"Johnson’s move to make his manifesto promise legally binding was mooted during the election campaign. His pledge not to ask for another extension was used by the Brexit party leader, Nigel Farage, as the reason why he would stand down his candidates in 317 Tory-held seats."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/17/uk-g...und-falls.html

Close follower of Brexit proceedings and J.P. Morgan Economist Malcolm Barr said that Johnson’s move was a surprise in that it was done without apparent pressure from a group of influential hard Brexit supporters, known as the European Research Group (ERG), from within the Conservative Party.

“As much as we anticipated that the possibility of extending the transition period would be removed from U.K. law, it comes as something of a surprise to us that Johnson appears to have done this entirely voluntarily, rather than as a result of pressure from amendments proposed by the ERG as the legislation came to the (House of) Commons. The signal of intent on his part is, in our view, very clear,” he said in a note Tuesday.

!!! Excellent !!!

Mountain Man
    ^^ Add: in reading comments on UK financial sites, lot of complaining from Remainer business types that Boris is "showing his true colors as a hard Brexiteer." HA!!

British lawmakers approve Boris Johnson's Brexit plan; UK to leave EU by January 31

https://www.foxnews.com/world/britis...-by-january-31

Climb-Utah.com

It will be interesting to see what this Brexit deal does to the stockmarket today.... I'm betting we hit a new all time high.

Climb-Utah.com