Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit is killing the Dow futures in overnight.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.

Brexit is killing the Dow futures in overnight.

Off 500ish already!!!
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Also the pound and euro are racing each other to the bottom.

The dollar is going to be strong.

Brexit is killing the Dow futures in overnight.

So how does this affect the US economy?

This is uncharted territory. No one knows how it will effect anyone's economy. In the short term people will park their money where they think it will be safe.

But this is probably going to have a large domino effect as I now expect Scotland will withdraw from the UK, declare it's independence and rejoin the EU.

The dollar should be really strong against the pound and euro for at least the short term. If you want to visit Europe this is probably the time to do it.

6. Likes Scott P liked this post

Alright, I'm not rehearsed in stock market lingo or other world currencies, what is Brexit?

Alright, I'm not rehearsed in stock market lingo or other world currencies, what is Brexit?
    Britain's + exit = Brexit.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

But this is probably going to have a large domino effect as I now expect Scotland will withdraw from the UK, declare it's independence and rejoin the EU.
    At first I thought this was fake or a joke, but it is real:

Anyway, my own thought is that the US should stay out of the decision (of course they won't, but they should), no matter which political side you are on and even if it does affect the DOW for a time. This really is none of the United State's business, though I'm sure Trump, Obama, and Hillary will all make an issue of it. The best thing we can do is to step aside and let those own countries make their own decisions.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

The US has stayed out of Brexit pretty much, except for Obama who lobbied to stay on his last visit.

And I'm not sure who the dumbass Lilly is, but the UK voted out and last time I checked Scotland was part of the UK.

In the long haul this shouldn't really effect the US much.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

And I'm not sure who the dumbass Lilly is, but the UK voted out and last time I checked Scotland was part of the UK.
    likely referring to the way scotland voted rather than the UK as a whole. here is the voting breakdown

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 11.11.33 AM.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  42.3 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 11.12.53 AM.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  35.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by article
    Scotland's first minister has said a second independence referendum is "highly likely" after the UK voted to leave the EU.

Nicola Sturgeon said it was "democratically unacceptable" that Scotland faced the prospect of being taken out of the EU against its will. She said the Scottish government would begin preparing legislation to enable another independence vote.

Scotland voted in favour of the UK staying in the EU by 62% to 38%.

13. Likes Glenn liked this post

Queen Elizabeth Screaming At Stockbroker To Dump Everything

LONDON—Following the United Kingdom’s historic vote to exit the European Union, sources confirmed that Queen Elizabeth II spent Friday frantically screaming at her stockbroker to dump everything. “Just get rid of whatever we have—right now, goddammit!” said Her Royal Highness, who reportedly slammed her fist against a 16th-century desk while shouting at her broker over the phone. “There’s no time, so dump the whole ****ing portfolio—all of it—on anybody who will take it. Just hurry the **** up and do it!” At press time, after speaking with several financial advisors, Queen Elizabeth had gathered the rest of the Royal Family together to inform them they will have to cut back by eliminating servants and start pitching in more around Buckingham Palace.

http://www.theonion.com/article/quee...-everyth-53157

15. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Originally Posted by Iceaxe

likely referring to the way scotland voted rather than the UK as a whole. here is the voting breakdown
    This. Almost twice as many Scots voted to stay in the EU vs. leaving. Congratulating Scotland for the vote of leaving is like congratulating Utah for electing Obama.

The US has stayed out of Brexit pretty much, except for Obama who lobbied to stay on his last visit.
    Thus far, but Trump is also trying to get into the action as well even though he is almost universally hated in the UK.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary tried to jump in on the bandwagon as well.

Yes, I understand the Scotland shit, but they still voted to leave as a whole. The same way Utah gets stuck with Obama even though he received a small percentage of the Utah vote.

The big difference is I now expect Scotland to bail on the UK, and we all know what happened last time a state tried to leave the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Yes, I understand the Scotland shit, but they still voted to leave as a whole. The same way Utah gets stuck with Obama even though he received a small percentage of the Utah vote.

The big difference is I now expect Scotland to bail on the UK, and we all know what happened last time a state tried to leave the USA.
    Not even remotely close.

Not only did Scotland vote to remain (by a margin of 62% to 38%), but every single shire (county) voted to remain. Secondly, Scotland is, in fact, a country and is not bound to the UK in the same way as a state (much to the chagrin of some of my fellow Texans).

This is a turning point for Scotland and will galvanize them to finally put up a referendum to leave the UK and likely join the EU. But I highly doubt it will be anything equivalent to what you're suggesting.

**insert eye roll here***

By any chance was your bus shorter than the other buses at your school?

I just noticed this little Brexit vote cost me over $30k today. That's a lot of hookers and blow.

Actually, it's about 90% of the world's counties, rather than half.

I just noticed this little Brexit vote cost me over $30k today. That's a lot of hookers and blow.
    Maybe so, but if you want some European hookers and blow, you could actually come out ahead since the exchange rate is good.

23. Likes accadacca liked this post
    ***starts dialing travel agent***

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Scotland reacts..

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?