Thread: Ringtail

Ringtail

Anyone been down recently who knows about the pothole conditions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Havent been through for awhile but I don't remember anything more than a partner assist/easy pack toss in there. Only way the conditions will affect things much is if they have been scoured recently.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Green View Post
    Havent been through for awhile but I don't remember anything more than a partner assist/easy pack toss in there. Only way the conditions will affect things much is if they have been scoured recently.
    Maybe for the Jolly Green Giant...

Seems there are two, that are like 10 feet deep at the exit end. Haven't had to do it from swimming, but could be very challenging. Dry or knee deep is how I usually find it. Pack toss works fine then.

Tom

Went through Ringtail on the 11th (June). Both potholes were semi-full, and were exited using a partner assist - albeit swimming assist on the first. To Tom's point, I'm 6'2" and I couldn't touch the bottom.

There was a small rattler immediately following the first pothole, prior to squeezing through to the second, but I suspect it is OBE at this point.

Hey Scott, We crossed paths one June 11th as your party was coming back upstream from ringtail and mine was headed downstream towards it. I was the tall bearded guy. I bagged that snake in a potshot and released it on the west side of the river.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Went through Ringtail on the 11th (June). Both potholes were semi-full, and were exited using a partner assist - albeit swimming assist on the first. To Tom's point, I'm 6'2" and I couldn't touch the bottom.

There was a small rattler immediately following the first pothole, prior to squeezing through to the second, but I suspect it is OBE at this point.

7. Likes SlickRock, darhawk, ratagonia liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by pictish View Post
    Hey Scott, We crossed paths one June 11th as your party was coming back upstream from ringtail and mine was headed downstream towards it. I was the tall bearded guy. I bagged that snake in a potshot and released it on the west side of the river.
    Awesome! I passed the news on to the group. You may recall some were very concerned for the snake, while others were not as brave as you to tackle the task at hand. Collectively, we all are thankful for your efforts! Thanks for letting us know!