Thread: Boundary Canyon w/ Narrows Exit

Boundary Canyon w/ Narrows Exit

These overnight canyoneering trips are proving to be some of my favorite trips. Of course, how can ya go wrong if you add flowing water to a Zion slot canyon? I'm almost convinced that US canyoneering doesn't get much better!

The orginal trip plan was to do Kolob canyon with a Narrows exit. When we went to pick up our permits, the Zion Back-country Desk would not let us have our permit. We had a few backup plans, and we landed on Boundary canyon. It was flowing we were anxious to rappel down some Zion waterfalls!

Boundary canyon did not disappoint. It is a short and sweet canyon. Lots of spectacular drops in a short time. Almost to short. I can totally see why people would not like doing this canyon in a day. Not much time spent in a canyon compared to the exit hike out. Fortunately for us, we had a much better plan. We were going to backpack out Lower Kolob canyon to camp in the Narrows overnight. I think I might have loved the exit hike more than the tech canyon!

We found all the solitude anyone could ever ask for. The first people we ran into were while we were setting up camp in the Zion Narrows. Once we got past Big Springs though, the narrows were packed with people, At that point interest dwindled in the beautiful scenery, and we just wanted to get out and away from the zoo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfLQkkiXTME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CafJfIAVLVg

CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nicely done bro !!! Can't wait to get out & go again !!!

4. Likes arnellfam liked this post