Thread: Little Wild Horse Canyon, Goblin Valley, Wild Horse Window

Little Wild Horse Canyon, Goblin Valley, Wild Horse Window

We headed down to the Goblin Valley area this weekend for a get together with one of our buddies who is getting married on Wednesday. The 5 of us shared marriage advice, mostly bad advice, and had a great weekend in the near 100 degree weather.

We did the usual tourist trap stuff, Goblin Valley State Park, Little Wild Horse Canyon, Wild Horse Window, and drove a bit around Temple Mountain. We camped out in the hoodoos just west of the park.

There were some windy days, and a few sprinkles of rain but not much.

Little Wild Horse Canyon was the least crowded I've seen it in years, probably because of the hot time of year. The first parking lot even had some empty parking spaces.

I took my DJI Phantom 4 drone down there too and I'm really happy with the footage I got from all 3 locations, I'll be putting that footage together in the next couple of weeks and I'll add it here.

I called prior to heading down there and asked if Drones are still allowed in the State Park, they are but just take warning this can change and can vary from State Park to State Park. Dead Horse Point currently has restrictions. I ended up talking with the ranger in person that I had called, and he had been interested in getting a drone for himself, so we had some good conversations sharing footage. It was nice to see that 2 rangers I spoke to at Goblin Valley are actually advocates for these quadcopters, kind of opposite of what a lot of people would think. I agree, if it's a noisy nuisance, shut that stuff down. I hate filming people anyways, and I hate when they are flown irresponsibly.

EDIT, here's my Wild Horse Window drone video from this trip:

Little Wild Horse Slot Canyon Drone Video:

Goblin Valley at Sunset via Drone

Here are a few shots I took with my phone and touched them up with SnapSeed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

alright, my attachments were loading a small size for some reason, so I had to link from a picasaweb album. By the way, is anybody else having that issue? Maybe I've reached my attachment limit lol, I'll have to look into that. I'm sure I've got several GBs of attachments uploaded here over the last 11 years.

Anyhoo, I'll put the videos up when I've got them done.

Did got guys visit sinbad's spyglass as well?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Nice TR Beech!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    . By the way, is anybody else having that issue?
    Not me. I sure hope there is no limit.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

6. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gholt View Post
    Did got guys visit sinbad's spyglass as well?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure if I know that one, unless it's another name for Wild Horse Window.

I may be. Some of your pictures look like it. right at the final turn off to to go into Goblin Valley, instead of going there you turn left and it is like the 2nd or 3rd dirt road next. You can see it from the road, Some of the pictures look like it. You can rapel down from the top for a short rappel.

Quote Originally Posted by gholt View Post
    I may be. Some of your pictures look like it. right at the final turn off to to go into Goblin Valley, instead of going there you turn left and it is like the 2nd or 3rd dirt road next. You can see it from the road, Some of the pictures look like it. You can rapel down from the top for a short rappel.
    OK, yeah I have only known it as Wild Horse Window, but that's it. I was able to fly my drone in and out of the skylight up top and get some cool footage.

Here's my Wild Horse Window drone video from this trip:

11. Likes deagol liked this post

Stunning viewpoints!

Rob

14. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    SomBeech these are nice photos from this area, and your drone footage here is nice too. Thought I would add on my trip that I just returned from onto this great thread. Name:  Little_Wild_Horse_Slot_Canyon_San_RAfael_Swell_Utah_ShaunasADventures2.JPG
Views: 376
Size:  370.0 KB

For years when people asked me for a hike recommendation, I would always tell them Little Wild Horse canyon for it was my absolute favorite. I finally got back and made a Google Earth Trail here, and it was a delightful journey to wind through this crazy curvy slot canyon. LOVED IT! Check it out in 360 Degrees. HAPPY HIKING!

https://www.shaunasadventures.com/2019/04/360-adventure-little-wild-horse-san.html
    Happy Hiking
    ShaunasAdventures
    https://www.shaunasadventures.com/

16. Likes Sombeech liked this post