Thread: Canyoneering June 18-19

Canyoneering June 18-19

I was hoping to do another canyon in Dinosaur National Monument this Saturday. Since it requires a car shuttle, I hope to find some more people interested. There is no beta available on the canyon, but it will be a beautiful canyon for sure.

Let me know if anyone would be interested. Of course there is a lot more to do in the area if you wanted to make it a multi day trip.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Hi Scott -

When you put out things like this, may I suggest that you list dates? To me, "This Weekend" means now, and Saturday is already gone.

Tom

I changed it
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

5. Likes ratagonia liked this post

Ok sounds good. It seems that you both live fairly close together if you wanted to carpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Ok sounds good. It seems that you both live fairly close together if you wanted to carpool.

Scott
    Any info on timing? Sat morning and Sunday? Camping a location? Location of canyons? You are fairly close to Dinosaur aren't you?

So I can try to make plans with Peter

George

We could meet at the Dinosaur NM Visitor Center on the Colorado side at 8 am Saturday, unless you guys want to meet earlier.

You could sleep here if you want, but unfortunately it would have to be on the floor.

Me on the last stage of a 400+ foot drop in Hog Canyon (Dinosaur National Monument) yesterday. It was a probable first descent. It was beautiful, but challenging; 11 hours to go two miles. Never trust a canyon that drops 2300 feet in less than one vertical mile.

12. Likes Shooter McCanyon, jman liked this post