Thread: finding current conditions of slot canyons

finding current conditions of slot canyons

Before I do a slot canyon I usually check candition.com to see what the current status is. But I've found that less popular canyons don't get updated very often on there. I'm doing Boundary Canyon in Zion this weekend and the last update on candition for Boundary was Aug. 2015.

Are there other good sites for checking the current condition of a slot canyon?

Thanks everyone!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The best and most accurate results usually come from just asking on Bogley. Everything else is really just hit and miss. Even asking the rangers is extremely unreliable in my experience as the only way to get a true picture is from someone that recently completed the route. Candition.com would be more useful if more people used it, but for some reason it has never become hugely popular. I never post in Candition.com because it won't ever let me login.

4. Likes baustin liked this post
    Blog Entries

finding current conditions of slot canyons

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The best and most accurate results usually come from just asking on Bogley. Everything else is really just hit and miss. Even asking the rangers is extremely unreliable in my experience as the only way to get a true picture is from someone that recently completed the route. Candition.com would be more useful if more people used it, but for some reason it has never become hugely popular. I never post in Candition.com because it won't ever let me login.
    Speaking of Candition,
    I've tried contacting Dave, the owner, to fix a lot of these issues, update and consolidate canyon names, and add about two hundred more canyons... But he doesn't respond to my emails. He must be busy as he is a web developer.

It would be great though (if he wanted to) to sell the site to me... Jez saying!

But as a plug, thanks to everyone who has participated so far and can update it when they can.

And thanks to @Bo_Beck for having the Candition business cards at the Desert Rat too :)
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

6. Likes darhawk liked this post
    I'd love to see jman get candition as I think it would be very successful if it had a babysitter that actually cared.