Thread: MUV Adaptable Water Filter

MUV Adaptable Water Filter

I was able to be part of a usability study for this water filter and I am excited to see how it turned out! @jman was there also and a few others from bogley. I preordered the Eclipse package last night on Kickstarter.

You can read more about the product here: https://sportsguidemag.com/muv-water-filter

---

All-in-one Water Filter Launching on Kickstarter
    MUV, Adaptably Designed for Active Adventurers

Salt Lake City, UT (May 23, 2016) — One water filter to rule them all. That’s the idea behind MUV, an innovative, adaptable water filter funding soon on Kickstarter. It quickly filters any water, whether sourcing from kitchen taps to alpine streams, using modular technology that works with a water bottle, hydration reservoir, or as a gravity filter to get clean water anytime, anywhere.

“MUV is the first and only filter to adapt to both your activity and the water source you are filtering. Having worked in the outdoor industry for years and doing everything from hiking and canyoneering to car camping, I realized there was a spot in the filter market that wasn’t being addressed,” says Renovo Water’s President, Daniel Beck.

MUV addresses the needs of all outdoor enthusiasts by combining three filter technologies—activated carbon, hollow fiber membrane, and Nanalum—and stacking them together to filter out five types of contaminants from any water source:

Heavy Metals - Iron and lead
    Chemicals - Chlorine, arsenic, fertilizers, pesticides, diesel fuel, and more
    Microbiology/Bacteria - Giardia, E. coli, Cryptosporidium, Protozoan Cysts
    Viruses - Hepatitis A, Polio, Typhoid, enteroviruses, and more
    Sediment – Remove bad taste and dirty color from water

Nanalum is included to provide full chemical, viral, and bacterial protection, “Not only did we develop a unique and adaptable filter system, but we developed using the latest in filter technology, what we call Nanalum. This material is born in NASA labs and is a nano-technology ideal for filtering everything from chemicals to bacteria and even viruses while still maintaining high flow rates,” says Beck, Renovo Water President.

Learn more about MUV’s innovative, adaptable water filter technology here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...token=3dccf243

Renovo Water: Based in Utah, Renovo Water’s team is made up of outdoor adventurers experienced in drinking backcountry water. Unsatisfied with current water filters on the market, they spent three years developing, designing, and testing to create a water filter that meets the needs of every type of adventurer and stands the test of time to deliver clean, safe water with every use.

Name:  hiking.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  46.1 KB

Name:  MUV_Full_crossection.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  MUV_quad_image.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  64.1 KB

Name:  MUV_straw.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  72.2 KB

Name:  MUV-complete.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  35.5 KB

Name:  pump.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  37.0 KB

2. Likes Glenn, jman liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    That nanalum (pronounced nana-Loom) technology is very impressive. Looking forward to testing it out in some nasty canyon water!

I also backed 'em with the Eclipse package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Looks interesting. I've been pretty happy with my Sawyer squeeze system, but am intrigued by an in-line filter to my Camelbak. Would certainly save me some time.

I do wonder what the replacement modules will cost, since the Nanalum and carbon filters won't last as long.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I do wonder what the replacement modules will cost, since the Nanalum and carbon filters won't last as long.
    Yeah, I've wondered that too. A guy was saying that the Nanalum lasts +/- 95gallons.

He was saying that the 3rd option shouldn't be used that often. The 1st and 2nd modules should be the most commonly used.

This system is great in my mind because you have everything from the in-line, straw, Gravity fed, and pump modes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Heavy Metals

Looks like a cool filter. Removing the color from the water is good. It's still difficult for some to drink brown or yellow water from a stagnant lake, even though they know their filter is working. I wonder how clear it gets, how much color can really be removed.

The Swiss Army Knife of filters!