Thread: stunning Transvulcania ultra trail (videos + report): 74 kms + 4350 m up, 4057 m down

stunning Transvulcania ultra trail (videos + report): 74 kms + 4350 m up, 4057 m down

Hello !

More than a week ago I finished the Transvulcania ultra trail in the island of La Palma (Canary islands), one of the favourite races of the trail runners.
    It has amazing course: from the ocean along with volcanoes with great views to the island.... up to the 2426m high top (Roque de los Muchachos) and than steep and technical descent to Puerto Tazacorte which is followed a 5km long section with a memorable finish. This race is famous about the course and the lovely fans, local people giving courage to the runners.

Within ca. 2 weeks I will write my travelogu about it, but now I can share my 1st video that I edited about the race, or exactly about one of the most interesting section: zig-zagging down on a very steep, panoramic mountainside to the ocean...., to Puerto Tazacorte.

I hope You like it :)

I will write and show video again soon.
    Best regards,
    Gabor

2. Likes jman liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Wow! Congrats on the LONG run Gabor!

What a trail too. That zigzag section looks like it would be a great finish to the race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Yes, it's a wonderful, amazing trail :)
    The finish was 5 kms after this village, but that was amazing too because of the people along the last half - 1 km :)

3 other pics about the course :)
    Name:  2016_TRV_GyG2.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  102.7 KB

Name:  2016_TRV_12.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  52.0 KB

Name:  2016_TRV_47.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Wow! Congrats on the LONG run Gabor!

What a trail too. That zigzag section looks like it would be a great finish to the race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes jman liked this post
    Hello, I've edited the 2nd video of this wonderful and memorable ultramarathon:
    this video shows the Route of Volcanos (from Los Canarios (716 m) through Volcano San Martin, Cumbra Vieja, Las Desedas to El Pilar (1440 m) by 24 kms.
    Los Canarios is "famous" about the people along the street clapping for / to the runners early in the morning. This route offers steep ascents with volcanic sand, wonderful views to the ocean and the volcanos and then to the Roque de los Muchachos (2426 m), the highest mountain of La Palma.

You won't regret watching this too
    It shows the Transvulcania feeling too ! I hope, You like it :)

Hello !
    After the previous two videos, now I'm happy to present the BEST OF video about this stunning ultramarathon, the Transvulcania ultra trail: a race for the bucketlist :)
    It was one my most memorable races that I have ever done.

I hope You like it :)