Thread: Zion Canyon Permit Transfer

Zion Canyon Permit Transfer

Does anyone know how to transfer a Zion Canyoneering permit to another person?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Depends on whether you mean an actual permit or simply a reservation for a permit on the website? Once you've paid for and picked up the permit, either online with the express permit system or in person at the VC I don't think you can transfer it, you have to cancel it and have it reissued.

If you just have a reservation for a permit then give the other person the info you used to make the reservation, as well as the order number on the email confirmation you were sent and when the other person goes to pick up the permit they will issue it in their name.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBoy View Post
    Depends on whether you mean an actual permit or simply a reservation for a permit on the website? Once you've paid for and picked up the permit, either online with the express permit system or in person at the VC I don't think you can transfer it, you have to cancel it and have it reissued.

If you just have a reservation for a permit then give the other person the info you used to make the reservation, as well as the order number on the email confirmation you were sent and when the other person goes to pick up the permit they will issue it in their name.
    Thanks,
    I only have the reservation. So that seems like it is still possible to transfer it.

Quote Originally Posted by alphasteve42 View Post
    What canyon?
    Englestead

Why do you want to transfer your permit reservation? If it's someone in your group, they can pick up the permit in your place.

I've transferred reservations several times. I just called the Zion Back Country desk and told them what I wanted to do,

9. Likes Taylor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Why do you want to transfer your permit reservation? If it's someone in your group, they can pick up the permit in your place.
    We have decided to do a different canyon that day that better matches the people Im taking with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I've transferred reservations several times. I just called the Zion Back Country desk and told them what I wanted to do,
    That sounds easy but every time I have called the Back Country desk they never answer the phone. Sometimes I leave a message but they never call me back. Dang caller ID they must be screening my calls. But if the ID shows Iceaxe they must beat each other down to get to the phone. Jk Shane.