Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellowstone Tourists ignore rules, walk on Grand Prismatic Spring

Yellowstone Tourists ignore rules, walk on Grand Prismatic Spring

More stupidity from Yellowstone National Park this season, as tourists with "High On Life Sunday Fundayz" Facebook group, needed to get that perfect shot of Grand Prismatic Spring by ignoring the warning signs, and left the path. They walked directly on the protected crust, as shown in a YouTube video by somebody else.

The group has since apologized for their "over zealous" act, and their solution is to promote their facebook page by donating 1 dollar for every photo posted with their hashtag. Is this apology satisfying?

"Three days ago we were lucky enough to visit Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. We got over zealous in our enthusiasm for this wonderful place. When standing at the face of such natural wonder, we were drawn to it. In an attempt to get the perfect shot, we acted in a way that doesn’t reflect our respect for the environment we were trying to capture. It was the wrong decision to make. We realize that now. We wandered off the laid out path and took photos of the Grand Prismatic Springs, unaware of the ecological ramifications and safety precautions. For this we would like to sincerely apologize to the Yellowstone park community and the public.
    We have spent a year saving for and planning this project, the last thing we intended to do was to disrespect this beautiful place. Quite the opposite. We have spent 75 days traveling the country and capturing it’s diverse beauty for the purpose of showcasing it to the world. We want to inspire others to go out and explore this vast land, to treat nature and our world with love and respect and to remind everyone watching to never take the wonder’s in their backyard for granted. This is what we stand for, this is who we are, with the purest of intentions we managed to screw up on the last day.
    To move forward we would like to do what we can to guide the attention surrounding yellowstone and use it for a good cause. For the next two days, every time someone shares their favorite positive personal memory from Yellowstone National Park on the park’s Facebook page with the hashtag ‪#‎DonationforYellowstone‬, we will donate a dollar per personal story post, up to five thousand donation.
    We take your comments, messages and every piece of feedback seriously. We hope that our community will forgive us for our misstep and continue to see us as a source of positivity and inspiration as we continue to capture this life worth living.
    Sincerely,
    The High On Life Crew
    Ryker, Alexey, Justis, Parker"

photo credit http://yellowstoneinsider.com/2016/0...smatic-spring/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The ignorance of the rules plea doesn't hold up, as this is a shot from one of their deleted videos, an image of them reading the rules.

Name:  13256090_2043348429222990_5368699377070373076_n.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  59.5 KB

Blog Entries

Yellowstone Tourists ignore rules, walk on Grand Prismatic Spring

While I appreciate their apology, something about it just doesn't sit well...

Definitely negligence at the least.

"Meh...we see the boardwalk and signs everywhere saying not to leave and to stay on the boardwalk....meh...we are above that! We are filming a video piece! We are a law unto ourselves. Team HIGH (emphasis added) on Life" is exactly right...

One small part of the problem is that I don't believe anyone watching these guys said a thing to their face. "WTH are you doing guys??"

I've gotten stern (yelled at people) with people who were etching their names into Double Arch while dozens upon dozens of people are watching before.

No one said a word except for mean ole Brett. "That was rude" some lady said to me when I said to the group of 4 young teens, "stop scratching and defacing the arch!!"

After a few times of this and getting the crowd fired up, they eventually stopped and left. Crimeny....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Now, if it were a drone flying over the spring, all hell would break loose ha ha

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

6. Likes RelentlessHiker, jman liked this post
    Too bad someone couldn't have thrown them into the back of an SUV and taken them to park personnel to have them euthanized.

8. Likes RelentlessHiker liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Too bad someone couldn't have thrown them into the back of an SUV and taken them to park personnel to have them euthanized.
    Yeah I was going to post that story too. For those of you who didn't hear about the lady who put a baby bison in her SUV because she thought it was cold. Man oh man I hope they at least made it into delicious bison burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Yeah I was going to post that story too. For those of you who didn't hear about the lady who put a baby bison in her SUV because she thought it was cold. Man oh man I hope they at least made it into delicious bison burgers.
    Actually, it was a father and son (but no details, names, nationalities):
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...-is-euthanized

Now, if it were a drone flying over the spring, all hell would break loose ha ha
    Someone already crashed a drone into that spring:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/07/us/drones-yellowstone/

I believe it's still in there since they couldn't get it out.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

It's quite obvious you are hurting the ecosystem around the spring if you walk out there. They did it anyway. No excuse for that type of douchebaggery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Likes jman, DiscGo liked this post
    Now the same guys are under investigation for an incident at Mesa Verde. Park not giving details while it is under investigation, but it occurred days from the Yellowstone episode.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    These same idiots just caused some damage on the Bonneville salt flats after running their tour bus across it. I hope they get arrested next time they come across the border from Canada. I understand an arrest warrant has been issued.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/3938133-1...ntics-point-to
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Their way of apologizing is to donate money for people that use their hashtag? Sounds like they are trying to use this ordeal as a promotion deal. I think the park should make an example of them. If they get away with a slap on the hand then it will only show other tourist that they can abuse our parks. People need to realize that our parks are sacred & they are to be respected and preserved.

Just look at the public hanging that happened for the Goblin Tippers.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...-Goblin-Valley

I doubt a single one of us could walk into Goblin Valley State Park and identify which formation was tipped over, but those guys certainly got spanked by the public.

I doubt a single one of us could walk into Goblin Valley State Park and identify which formation was tipped over
    It doesn't matter. If everyone who went to Goblin Valley only toppled over one rock formation, eventually there wouldn't be many left.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttin1 View Post
    Now the same guys are under investigation for an incident at Mesa Verde. Park not giving details while it is under investigation, but it occurred days from the Yellowstone episode.

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    These same idiots just caused some damage on the Bonneville salt flats after running their tour bus across it. I hope they get arrested next time they come across the border from Canada. I understand an arrest warrant has been issued.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/3938133-1...ntics-point-to
    I wonder if Canada can prosecute them for fraud? According to their own website, they use college scholarship money for their road trips.

PS, if you want to see the salt flat video before it's deleted, there it is:

https://www.facebook.com/sundayfunda...9811723750258/

They also did the Corona Arch swing a couple of months ago, but I won't go there.

Another one:

Here they are at Macchu Picchu on a part of the archaeological site that you aren't supposed to walk on:

If you read the comments they think it's funny: "We got yelled by guards approximately 18 times".

They also took photos of them (now deleted) at the Lincoln Memorial with noisemakers in their mouths next to the "Quiet Please" sign.

Anyway, these guys do sound like self proclaimed idiots. This is also in the FAQ's from their website:

Who are your inspirations?

Ever since we were kids we loved Jackass. We even made our own videos and called Dumbass and sold CDs to the kids at school. So Viva La Bam, CKY, Wild Boys and all the other stuff. Lonely Island is another big one. I remember watching “We’re just two guys” back in high school and laughing our heads off. Nitro Circus is another, and Rob Dyrdek. It’s an ambition to build our own Fantasy Factory one day where we can hang out, work and make videos.

If someone wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt for the Yellowstone incident all of these other pictures prove they don't deserve it. They are just 1st class A-holes. I can't say I am surprised. I just spent 2 weeks in Italy and the amount of obnoxious tourists who felt every "rule" didn't apply to them was astounding.

Well, looks like our national parks can sleep a little easier now.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/38598273/h...one-hot-spring

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Well, looks like our national parks can sleep a little easier now.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/38598273/h...one-hot-spring

Stupid is as stupid does.

So, one of the group's female members slips and falls into a river at the head of a 100' waterfall and two others dive in to try and save her which results in all three of them falling to their deaths...

I guess they're not "High on Life" anymore.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving trio... karma is a bitch.

We've all done risky stuff, but I've always regarded people like this to some daredevil, stupid caveman getting way too close to some woolly mammoth that stomps his ass. Crazy nature, natural selection at work.

Tough thing though...seeing someone you love carried away to death. I don't think I would have jumped in to save anyone. Why die yourself?

Tens of thousands are dying every day. This one is kinda like poetic justice.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

25. Likes rockgremlin liked this post