Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canyoneering May 21-22

Canyoneering May 21-22

Does anyone want to do some canyoneering this weekend?

I'm already headed for Zion next week and it's too far for two weekends in a row, so it would have to be Dinosaur, MOab, San Rafael, Roost, Capitol Reef, and maybe a stretch, around Escalante.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I am interest. What do you have in mind? If you are interest about escalate egypt4 I never done it and Raven that I run out of time?

Sent from my LENNY using Tapatalk

I think E4 or Raven are probably a bit harder than I was thinking, especially since we are doing Full Imlay next week. Plus I don't have any desire to ever do E4 again.

Some canyons I was thinking of are Fivemile in Capitol Reef;Spencer, Drillhole, and Red Breaks in Escalante; Entrajo and a new canyon in Moab; Larry and North Fork in the Roost; or maybe the Spur Canyons. Also Dinosaur NM area.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Never done fivemile redbreaks drill hole

About Raven we run out of bluesky last weekend

I'd be game for Fivemile

Sounds like two votes for Fivemile?

9. Likes hesse15 liked this post
    Is five mile reef? A Sunday stregosaur?or cottowood have not done those yet!!!

Sounds good. I have done Cottonwood and Borrow, but not Stegosaur or Fivemile.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Sounds good. I have done Cottonwood and Borrow, but not Stegosaur or Fivemile.
    PM you on FB

I can make it for fivemile on Saturday, but I probably couldn't make it for Sunday. I don't have a high clearance car though.

Mhhh I go usually Friday night to sunday

How's this looking? Do we still want to do this? I'm happy to walk the 3 miles back to the car if we only have one 4WD high clearance car.

I have a 4wd, so hopefully we can get another. I'm not sure what you mean by walk the three miles. The two trailheads are a lot farther than that apart. The road to the lower trailhead is paved. If two 4wds are not available, you can do it as a loop from the paved road, but it's a longer and more strenuous route.

The car shuttle would be better, but I'm still in either way.

We could drop the 2WD at the bottom of the hike, then take the 4WD to the top. On the way out, we can drive the 2WD car most of the way back to the trailhead, except for the last three miles that are 4WD only. One person can hike the last three miles, and get the 4WD car.

Does that make sense?

I see. I thought it was more than there mIles that requires 4wd? Maybe we could check into this. Do you drive a stick?

Not really. :/

Should we just meet at the base of Fivemile Wash on Noton Bullfrog Road on Friday evening?

Kelsey says that there's a campsite there, so it would be a good place to meet. Cottonwood Wash also has a nice campsite.

I just wanted to confirm. Do we have 2 4wd coming (one plus another one)? If not, I just may bring my Outback. Unless we have two 4wds, I don't think it will save any time to do the shuttle.

FYI, it's going to be windy!