Thread: Show Us YOUR Biking Gear!

Show Us YOUR Biking Gear!

Alrighty then. I'm separating out the biking gear from the bikes. I like to try out new stuff and I like to see what others are using.

Two recent purchases:

Shimano Ultegra 6800 carbon road pedals. I've been riding the Speedplay Zero pedals since I bought my road bike a year ago and I've never liked them. They're great once you get clipped in (although my right foot would get a hot spot on longer rides) but, clipping in was always challenging. I've been riding clipless for 20+ years and have never ridden a pedal so difficult to clip in with. It would take 3-4 pedal revolutions before the cleat would pop into place. It sucked. They cleat was also really slippery when putting your foot down. I've been riding the Ultegra pedal for 2 weeks now and am kicking myself for not switching out sooner. They clip right in and are ZERO maintenance.

Name:  Pedal.PNG
Views: 209
Size:  115.4 KB

I just ordered the new Pearl Izumi X-Alp II mountain bike shoes. I'm really hard on my mtn. shoes and they only seem to last a season. Probably because I'm mostly riding the more rugged trails of AF Canyon and I stop frequently to do trail work. These shoes look ideal. A more rugged design with better off-the-bike capability. The bottom tread design looks more like a trail running shoe. Boa closure system which has me just a wee bit excited to try out. They should be delivered in a couple of days. I'll post a review once I get to try them out.

Name:  X-Alp.PNG
Views: 346
Size:  333.7 KB
    Are we there yet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement