Thread: Wasatch 11-ers

Wasatch 11-ers

Have any of you done the 'Wasatch 11-ers' in one trip? Sugarloaf peak, Baldy, AF Twin...etc ending on Lone Peak.
    I've always wanted to do that traverse.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Have any of you done the 'Wasatch 11-ers' in one trip? Sugarloaf peak, Baldy, AF Twin...etc ending on Lone Peak.
    Wouldn't that only cover some of the Wasatch 11ers? There are also Box Elder Peak, North Timpanogos (considered a separate summit), Timpanogos, South Timpanogos (considered a separate summit), Provo Peak, East Provo Peak (considered a separate summit), North Peak, and Mount Nebo. All of those are also 11ers.

Also, from your post, it seems like you aren't including any of the peaks between the two Cottonwood Canyons, such as Broads Fork Twins, Sunrise Peak/O'Sullivan, Dromedary Peak, and Monte Christo/Mount Superior?

I have done all of that ridge. On that ridge, the section Mount Superior to Dromedary Peak is the most difficult part.

The ridge you are referring to is sometimes done as one trip and is referred to as the "Super Tour". It is easier when covered in snow (late spring/early summer). The part from Sugarloaf to above Red/White Pine is the Bullion Divide and the ridge between Pfeifferhorn and Lone Peak is the Alpine Ridge (the route up to Red Pine Lake, over the Pfeifferhorn, and down Bells Canyon is known as the Beatout). Either one is a long day in itself, but they are occasionally combined into a single day be fast hikers/climbers. Most people doing the entire ridge though, usually skip North Thunder and Lone Peak itself, before descending down Bells Canyon.

The ridge isn't technical throughout most of its length, but the part to get to Lone Peak from that side is a solid class 4 climb with much exposure.

I have done the entire ridge, but as two trips, not one. I also climbed Lone Peak and North Thunder separately and have not done the ridge between North and South Thunder and east ridge of Lone Peak.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    The ridge you are referring to is sometimes done as one trip and is referred to as the "Super Tour". It is easier when covered in snow (late spring/early summer.
    A bit of WURL info...:

https://door5.com/2015/08/23/wasatch...e-linkup-wurl/

5. Likes jman liked this post

I think I've done the entire WURL, but never is one shot, and not even in the same year.

I think I've done the entire WURL, but never is one shot, and not even in the same year.
    Same here, although I haven't done the section between Big Horn and Lone Peak (though I have climbed those peaks by several other routes).
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.