Thread: Winter Camp

Winter Camp

The rope grooves that have appeared here are by far the ugliest mess anywhere in Arches. People are pulling their ropes. Follow Shane's beta, drop your rope come back and get on the way out. There are a lot of people doing this for it being out in no man's land. Really needs a new anchor in the water course.
    Amazing how hard this is to find when you have turned down the wrong road. Spent an hour using foul language till we figured out in the wrong freaking area. I had also been there before.
    Much nicer drive out there from Moab if you go to Dewey Bridge and go in. We came in at Thompson went out Dewey. The drive to Dewey is best 30 miles on earth.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

2. Likes whansen, ratagonia, Taylor, Iceaxe liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We were out there last weekend. Camped just down the road/ridge from Winter Camp slot. So close in fact that we just hiked back to camp by walking down the wash then climbing back up to the ridge when we saw our tent. Later I went back down the road for my truck. Fantastic rap to get in there and we indeed left the rope for retrieval later, thus not adding to the grooves.

Interesting story: after all of us but one were down, some people walked up to the drop. I could hear my buddy Jake talking to them and figured it was another group waiting to drop in. I yelled up to offer our rope so they wouldn't have to rerig. Not interested, and with beers in hand, they claimed to be afraid of heights and just out for a hike. Jake then asked if they would take our ropes back up to my truck and they agreed! Awesome.

5. Likes Iceaxe liked this post