Thread: Looking for Los Angeles area canyoneering partner(s)

Looking for Los Angeles area canyoneering partner(s)

Hello everyone, noob here with a 3-day technical training course* under his belt from ATS AdventureWorks looking for a partner or partners to explore Los Angeles** area canyons - particularly the San Gabriels. I’m eager to get out there, but not dumb enough to do it alone, so let me know if you’re interested in teaming up!

* Also have several years of climbing experience (though it’s a bit in the past) so I’m more familiar with some of the gear/techniques than a total novice. And I often backpack for several days at time elsewhere in California, so I’m in good shape for hiking. Have all of my own gear including rope.

** I’m located in Culver City / West LA, to be more exact

2. Likes dakotabelliston liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

5. Likes dakotabelliston liked this post
    yeah, i've seen the meetup. it looks geared towards uber adventure alumni and is always full, but I will checkout that facebook page. thanks!

7. Likes dakotabelliston liked this post
    I'm also very interested in canyoneering in the San Gabriels (and elsewhere). I've done a few canyons in SG, Utah, and AZ. I have all my own stuff. I've had several days' training and also climb, hike, backpack. I live in Moorpark. Maybe we could try an "easy" canyon, like Bailey and see how it goes?

let's do it! sorry i didn't respond sooner, been a busy month. how about sometime in the next few weeks? maybe the first two weekends in december 3-4 or 10-11? i was thinking we might try something in big tujunga area which would actually be a little closer to you. i'll be coming from culver city.

and i've done a number of canyons since i posted that thread. have plenty of gear too.

brian

let me know and i'll send you a message with my contact info
    Last edited by brianadolph; 11-27-2016 at 02:52 PM. Reason: probably shoudn't leave my email lying around

Check with the Valencia Hiking Club. They do mostly intermediate level hiking, but a few slots as well.
    https://www.meetup.com/HikeItUp/