Thread: Olympic Park Comet Bobsled ride

Olympic Park Comet Bobsled ride

Rode the Comet Bobsled at Olympic Park in Park City yesterday. Anybody passing thru Utah in the winter should give it a ride. It's expensive, but a wild thrill.

I have friend from Germany that did a fabulous job of showing me around Germany when I visited in 2013. Even got me into the Porsche factory and few laps around their test tack. So while he is in Utah this week, it was my turn to open my wallet and try to surpass him for vacation activities. Snowmobile trip thru Yellowstone and a ride on the Olympic Bobsled are my efforts, And it seems to have worked. My friend was very impressed by the ride.

If you can afford it, I can recommend it as great 45 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p_a_8Fb6do

2. Likes Sombeech, jman liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries

Olympic Park Comet Bobsled ride

Ha that's awesome!

I was there back in September and saw a few people run the course while I was doing the ropes course and jump tower.

So did any of the employees ride with you to steer I assume?

And from the video it looks like you guys are flying (which you are) but i assume it's not anywhere near Olympic speeds right?

Very cool though and thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

They have athletes in training steer the sleds.
    They stopped running the entire course. At 85 mph they were just shaking up too many people who just could not stand the G-Forces that a full speed run generated.
    They now start a little lower on the course and you hit about 65 mph instead of 85 mph and you only pull 3 G's instead of 5 G's.
    You now miss the top 3 curves
    They said people would never come back for second ride when they used to start at the top of the course.
    I loved the ride and would go back again if I could run from the top. I rode in the #4 seat, Which gets the most shaking and banging. My neck muscles felt a little whiplashed after the ride. And I definitely banged the helmet on the side of the bobsled on a few curves. No way you can hold your head still with those G-forces

Here is a write up I found from a fellow that went on the ride before they shortened the course

http://elliott.org/blog/how-to-survi...t-passing-out/

6. Likes jman liked this post
    I did this back in 03 on the full course. Holy crap it was fun, but I was in the very back pulling about 5 G's allegedly. I was sore for about 3-4 days, and it kinda killed my skiing trip.

8. Likes jman liked this post