Thread: St George Recommendations

St George Recommendations

I am taking my family to St George this weekend (St George and not Zion). Thanks to @jumar we are going to check out Dixie Sugarloaf. Do any of you have any other recommendations for must see / do stuff in the St. George area?

Thanks.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Red Cliffs Rcreation Site in Leeds is one of my fav St. George things in the spring.

Lava tubes in Snow Canyon or hiking the Ciner Cone to the North-east of Snow Canyon too.

Warner Valley Dino tracks. Also hit up Ft. Pierce while in the same area.

The "little narrows" located in town at Pioneer Park.

Johnson Arch just outside of Snow Canyon.

Bloomington Cave, depending on your kids age, but could be a bit intense and tough in a few spots. If it helps, Boy Scouts use to go in there all time before it was gated.

There is a good walk around for the family around a natural spring and pond (not secret but no one goes there) located down-town again.

Just a few to get you going...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

4. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    There are many, many hikes in the area, but Water Canyon/Quail Creek is my favorite non-technical hike in that area. (This photo isn't of the best quality)

There are narrows, waterfalls, and and a pretty canyon. I've done it twice in February, so it is reasonable this time of year.

Here is some information on the hike:

http://www.redcliffsdesertreserve.com/red-reef

I also like the lava caves area in the north area of Snow Canyon State Park.

Canaan Mountain is also very spectacular, but there may be snow on top. The traverse from Eagle Crags to Water and Squirrel Canyon is a great one, but it requires a car shuttle. Canaan Lake is interesting.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

6. Likes Sombeech, DiscGo liked this post
    Anasazi Valley Trailhead on Old 91 in Ivins, a gateway into the Santa Clara River Reserve Trail System. Rock art abounds a mile or so up the trail.

My kids like playing on the sand dunes in Snow Canyon. Easy 0.5 walk: http://www.stgeorgeforkids.com/hikin...of-snow-canyon