Page 8 of 219 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Something For No Particular Reason

Joan Jett, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap:

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. Likes Sombeech liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Something For No Particular Reason

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

7. Likes Rob L liked this post
    Name:  nooz.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  38.1 KB

Hope this Utah couple has fun in cartel-land, lol
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    OMG farts never get old
    Or, as my 5 year old grandson calls them, "Poop Ghosts"!
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Name:  nooz.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  38.1 KB

Hope this Utah couple has fun in cartel-land, lol
    FWIW - Cancun is outside the travel advisory and so far is not suffering from the drug wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    FWIW - Cancun is outside the travel advisory and so far is not suffering from the drug wars.

Sure...no advisories, but here are a few articles from just last year:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08...los-cabos.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ing/527247001/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-beach-resorts

These are just the results of a search that took about 12 seconds on Google. There are dozens of others like them.

I know you vacation there every year. And I'll admit I was there about four years ago as well. But just because nothing has happened to either of us doesn't mean Cancun is immune.

I could pull up similar stories on SLC with a 10 second search. I hear about the homicide rate in Chicago and Philly almost nightly on the news.

I follow the Mexican vacation spots closely because we spend a couple weeks in Mexico every year and what I tell people is pick your destination wisely and don't stray too far outside of the tourist zones.

Yes things can happen... there are places in Mexico I will not go, but right now I have more concerns visiting Kearns or Glendale in SLC then I do vacationing at a resort in Cabo or the Riviera Maya (Cancun). YMMV

^^^This is gold..

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Play it on .25X the speed (1/4 speed) and watch the cat take a great hit on it's prey. Go right to 27 second mark.

This would be hilarious if it wasn't true...

17. Likes double moo, Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Sure...no advisories, but here are a few articles from just last year:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08...los-cabos.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ing/527247001/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-beach-resorts

These are just the results of a search that took about 12 seconds on Google. There are dozens of others like them.

I know you vacation there every year. And I'll admit I was there about four years ago as well. But just because nothing has happened to either of us doesn't mean Cancun is immune.
    Another way to look at it is that Mexico has a murder rate of just over double that of Salt Lake. That means you have about the same chance of being murdered staying in Salt Lake for two weeks as you would spending one week in Mexico. If you haven't been murdered in Salt Lake in the last two weeks, you should be good to go.

In all seriousness though, we do go to many of the locations away from the tourist areas, but we do try to avoid the really bad areas.

A lot of areas in Mexico (such as the Yucatan) are actually safer than the US, including Salt Lake City.

Although the murder and violence rate is higher in Mexico than it is than in the US, and you should always keep your guard up, a lot of tourist destinations are statistically more dangerous, even though they don't get the media attention. The Bahamas, for example, has about double the homicide rate of Mexico. The US Virgin Islands has about four times the murder rate. Most of the Caribbean Islands have very high murder rates. The exceptions are places like Aruba, Martinique, Cuba, Turks and Caicos.

Still, everyone worries about crime, but things like auto accidents et al are just as dangerous, especially in less developed countries. Mexico is more developed now than it used to be and driving/riding has become less scary, but there are a lot of countries where riding the bus or taxi is genuinely scary. Even in touristy places such as Thailand, you have about a 2.5 times the chance of getting killed in a car accident than you have being murdered in Mexico.

Also, even in the US the death rate of riding a motorcycle is about five times (on average, but depending on miles ridden) that of the murder rate of Mexico. You are much safer vacationing in Mexico than riding a motorcycle in the US.

Anyway, I choose to keep my guard up, but to travel anyway. For the most part, the highest crime rates are in Latin America, the Caribbean, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Papua New Guinea.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

19. Likes Iceaxe liked this post

21. Likes Iceaxe liked this post

24. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    My wife the Paramedic sent this to me...

Quote Originally Posted by iceaxe View Post
    my wife the paramedic sent this to me...
    somebody tell this to my wife, please.
    Blog | FB

Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    somebody tell this to my wife, please.
    I typed that in all uppercase, BTW.
    Blog | FB