Page 14 of 219 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Something For No Particular Reason

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    I just got back from a week in California. .
    I lived in north Orange County and San Diego from '77-'93...hauled ass out of there and haven't been back.

Denver is getting pretty thick. Nothing like LA just yet, but busy enough with growth all around. I've been thinking about bailing out of here too, but it's hard because as long as I live in Denver, I never have to worry about money.

Anything can happen.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Climb-Utah.com

4. Likes twotimer, rockgremlin liked this post
    Does that include mocking the military? They have been tracking and prepping for climate change effects to their bases for about a decade. In fact it was part of last year's military budget.

First Cat 4 to hit North Carolina since the 50s. What is so funny about making light of a situation that will include regional military boots on the ground to save lives?

Hilarious to those of us connected to the military and who have friends/family actively stationed in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by powerplay View Post
    Hilarious to those of us connected to the military and who have friends/family actively stationed in the area.
    Yeah, I have friends that just rebuilt their boat dock that gets them to the Outer Banks. That'll be another rebuild. I figure by the time I stroke out we'll have seen more several global weather disaster of historical proportions, measured ocean rise, and increased temps. I'm just so glad we can kick around Al Gore for pulling this hoax on us. Plus I'm pretty sure he cheated on Tipper, that immoral scoundrel.

It's kind of a Catch-22. You can't very well make jokes about a hurricane after it has passed through. The comedic timing on this particular joke would be f'ed up if it was made a week after land fall.

Besides, if you waited the benefits of any Passover would be lost.

Geez it's like living with a six-year-old around here sometimes...
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 09-11-2018 at 06:03 PM.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

You can laugh about things you can't control or cry about them... but in the end it makes no difference so I figure you might as well meet the inevitable with a smile on your face.

YMMV

We moved to Florida in '73. Everything west of us was a mess from Hurricane Camille four years earlier. They had hardly cleaned up the mess. I was only 9 years old and I remember asking "What happened". All the locals still talked about it.

In regards to this one, they've got rescue squads all over the place. Ready to pluck those poor souls from rooftops and rivers. Happens all the time.

What's encouraging is the praised response to the big floods in Texas. Perhaps whoever Trump put in there has got it oiled up real good? Let's see how they do this time.

Mother Nature slapping us upside the head is bullshit, though. Some general says "Hurricanes can damage our bases"...well, no shit.

We've got tons of people packed in there living in rickety shacks. Storm meet foolish humans.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

How much do you think a decade of this sort of alt-right trolling (meme patrol not the limited neo-nazi side) has impacted the national response? 2016 was a not so subtle reminder.

If we were in alternate reality were we had a conservative movement that took climate change seriously than I would be laughing my ass off. But everything in the last few years has been fully hijacked by posers like Ice wanting to look witty. Its oozed into everything.

(Plenty of time to make fun of Gore's misplaced ego when it doesn't involve millions of people facing a historic natural disaster.)

So yeah, I'll choose to call BS on a joke when it exposes that truth.

And Mr Axe's cop out proves all of those points.

Memewhile in Europe...

Climb-Utah.com

#FakeNews

Climb-Utah.com

FoxNews was apparently jealous of all the #FakeNews attention CNN was getting.

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    FoxNews was apparently jealous of all the #FakeNews attention CNN was getting.

Climb-Utah.com
    I can see Trump claiming to win the next presidential election by 500 million votes when he see it on Fox and Friends.

Well, when I used to hire casual laborers my wife made lunch for all of us - same lunch for them as for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    I can see Trump claiming to win the next presidential election by 500 million votes when he see it on Fox and Friends.
    That's funny, because in the next presidential election I was imagining 500 million dead people voting Democrat.

That's funny, because in the next presidential election I was imagining 500 million dead people voting Democrat.

Or 500 million illegal aliens

#FakeNews

Climb-Utah.com
    Do you ever factcheck your BS memes?

That's from Hurricane Ike, a decade ago. He intentionally walked around through various depths of water and the audience knew it.

#lieing

That's from Hurricane Ike
    Did I say it wasn't?

Can you read? By any chance did you happen to read the title of this thread?

By any chance was your bus shorter than the other buses at your school?

Climb-Utah.com

Have you ever witnessed anybody triggered so much by memes?

#lieing

"Lieing"?

Did you mean "lying"? Surprised the Spelling Nazi didn't burn you at the stake for that one.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post

"Lieing"?

Did you mean "lying"? Surprised the Spelling Nazi didn't burn you at the stake for that one.
    Whose the spelling Nazi on this site? Every site has one.

Yep, worthy correction. Too much trust in autocorrect.