Page 154 of 219 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 4378

Thread: Post Something For No Particular Reason

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Yep, she's good looking.

Attachment 95828
    @Byron...This deserves it's own thread.

Have you ever considered something to get you even Further into the backcountry? Something like an enduro, ATV or S by S? You will have the the perfect outfit to set up a base camp and venture out in all directions for miles without putting your lawn chair and Camp Chef away.

Speaking of OHV's, our family spent Fall Break in Escalante and since I hadn't "driven" to the Hole in the Rock since I was about 5 yo (been there by boat many times) and since it's legal (for the time being... ) we decided to trailer the machines to Hurricane Wash and ride the rest of the way. We happened to run into Mike K as he was just pulling onto the main road from the 40 Mile Ridge road. He wasn't very excited to see us on OHV's, but I made it a point to let him know that we never ride off the road and do all we can to respect other people. He seemed pleased that I told him that as I know he is not fond of OHV enthusiasts. He said that he was checking out TH's for his new revised Canyoneering book. Always good to run into Mike, one of the most fascinating people I've ever met.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that OHV's can be used for purposes other than tearing up the landscape or pissing off others.

4. Likes Byron, oldno7 liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

6. Likes dougrz, Iceaxe liked this post
    ^^^I'd laugh my ass off if it wasn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    @Byron...This deserves it's own thread.

Have you ever considered something to get you even Further into the backcountry? Something like an enduro, ATV or S by S? You will have the the perfect outfit to set up a base camp and venture out in all directions for miles without putting your lawn chair and Camp Chef away.

Speaking of OHV's, our family spent Fall Break in Escalante and since I hadn't "driven" to the Hole in the Rock since I was about 5 yo (been there by boat many times) and since it's legal (for the time being... ) we decided to trailer the machines to Hurricane Wash and ride the rest of the way. We happened to run into Mike K as he was just pulling onto the main road from the 40 Mile Ridge road. He wasn't very excited to see us on OHV's, but I made it a point to let him know that we never ride off the road and do all we can to respect other people. He seemed pleased that I told him that as I know he is not fond of OHV enthusiasts. He said that he was checking out TH's for his new revised Canyoneering book. Always good to run into Mike, one of the most fascinating people I've ever met.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that OHV's can be used for purposes other than tearing up the landscape or pissing off others.
    Yeah...when I get the flatbed installed in a couple weeks I'll go ahead and do that...but it's gonna be 3 more months before the camper gets mounted on it. It's gonna be SWEET!!!

In regards to OHVs...been there, done that. In fact, here's a little story for ya...

I was living near Los Angeles between the ages of 15-30. In Southern California, their's three things that "outdoorsy" people did...hang out at the beach, make trips to Lake Havasu and ATVs. So I owned all that stuff...a dirt bike, a street bike, a jet ski, an ATV...a three wheeler, remember those? I must have rolled that thing a thousand times and all you had to do was turn it over and it would start right back up. There's a reason they outlawed those things!

I also owned various POS vehicles (I never had much money)...so when I was 26 I got sick and tired of breakdowns, so I saved my ass off for two straight years and bought a nearly new Toyota truck. It was the first vehicle I'd ever owned that would go more than a couple hundred miles without crapping out. At that same time, I began dating a new girl, so to impress her, I suggested we go visit the Grand Canyon...I'd never been there.

So we drive out, I walk to the edge and my mind was BLOWN! It was a life changing event...all I wanted to do was come back and backpack in...and I did, but that's a whole 'nuther story in itself! Anyway...I went home and sold every single mechanical toy I owned and completely switched over to non-engine stuff...I bought a kayak, camping gear and a mountain bike (a KHS "Montana" that I still own, BTW)...I was totally over gas, oil, maintenance, registration, hauling it around, etc...never looked back.

I get what you're saying about using one to explore further afield, but aside from the camper itself, the only accoutrement I'll have is a drone...the stuff the Beech does looks interesting to me...it'll be a tool for scouting out hikes from base camp. So it's all about the legs...wether hiking or a bike. Pulling a trailer is not on the menu...nor is owning yet another toy.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

9. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post

All of the cool kids wear these nowadays

Name:  80362938.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  24.0 KB
    YOUR FACTS FOR THE DAY:
    VOTING BY MAIL IS PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE.
    COUNTING VOTES SLOWLY IS NOT FRAUD.
    BILLIONAIRE FUNDED UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE WOULD BE PHENOMENAL.
    BLACK LIVES MATTER.
    DOING AWAY WITH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE WOULD BE A COLOSSAL IMPROVEMENT.
    REPUBLICAN TEARS ARE DELICIOUS.

Name:  rt.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  7.8 KB

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

13. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 12-02-2020 at 10:43 PM.
    YOUR FACTS FOR THE DAY:
    VOTING BY MAIL IS PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE.
    COUNTING VOTES SLOWLY IS NOT FRAUD.
    BILLIONAIRE FUNDED UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE WOULD BE PHENOMENAL.
    BLACK LIVES MATTER.
    DOING AWAY WITH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE WOULD BE A COLOSSAL IMPROVEMENT.
    REPUBLICAN TEARS ARE DELICIOUS.

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Name:  128066239_3532830893419013_4418540111646105367_n.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  61.3 KB[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)][COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]YestaemrtldauesSfSpltfmuogygaut1mc2nf:s1ohr2mhAeMdc ·

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]APOD: Eye of Moon (2020 Dec 02)
    Image Credit & Copyright: Zachery Cooley
    https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap201202.html

Explanation: Who's watching who? The featured image of the Moon through a gap in a wall of rock may appear like a giant eye looking back at you. Although, in late October, it took only a single exposure to capture this visual double, it also took a lot of planning. The photographic goal was achieved by precise timing -- needed for a nearly full moon to appear through the eye-shaped arch, by precise locating -- needed for the angular size of the Moon to fit iconically inside the rock arch, and by good luck -- needed for a clear sky and for the entire scheme to work. The seemingly coincidental juxtaposition was actually engineered with the help of three smartphone apps. The pictured sandstone arch, carved by erosion, is millions of years old and just one of thousands of natural rock arches that have been found in Arches National Park near Moab, Utah, USA. Contrastingly, the pictured Moon can be found up in the sky from just about anywhere on Earth, about half the time.

https://www.instagram.com/zachcooleyphoto/?hl=en

Starship Asterisk* • APOD Discussion Page
    http://asterisk.apod.com/discuss_apod.php?date=201202

[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by caverdan View Post
    Hey Byron....old friend...old buddy.....old pal.....can I borrow it...
    Sure...if you've got a nice set of tits and can suck a golfball thru a garden hose...and you think I'm cute.

But seriously...I'd go camping with you anytime. I've warmed up to ya these past few weeks. Not too fond of caves, though. BTW, don't be jealous...you too can have it all! Just go for it...unless you're one of those tightwad type dudes that uses both sides of the toilet paper.

It is pricey...when it's all said and done it's going to touch 130K.

My first wife was of American Indian descent, she was called "five horses", or as I found out later nag nag nag nag nag.

21. Likes Byron, Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    My first wife was of American Indian descent, she was called "five horses", or as I found out later nag nag nag nag nag.
    Not bad. That's right...I was going to throw down an Indian joke in the joke thread...but I reckon I'll put it here.

An Indian woman was in a teepee getting ready to have a baby. Outside, a young boy asked Flying Eagle, his father "Father, how is it that I got my name?"

Flying Eagle said, "When a child is born, the husband looks outside the teepee and names the child for the first thing he sees...hence my name, Flying Eagle. Why do you ask, Two Dogs Fu*king?"

Quote Originally Posted by caverdan View Post
    Beautiful truck and yes....I'm jealous. I am rather tight with my money and I do use both sides of my toilet paper. One side I hold in my hand and the other side I wipe with.

I don't do car payments so I buy used. In July I picked up a 2016 F250 with 60K on it for $29,000 to pull our boat with. My old 2001 Dodge is too worn out for any trips out of town. I too went gas over diesel. I'm done with the high maintience costs and low reliability I've had with my 7.3 ford van.

Next time your in the Springs and have some extra time...we should do lunch.
    Yeah, once it's all done I'll bring it down and show it to ya.

The diesel they're making for this truck is 10 years old now and it's considered pretty bulletproof, but I got the new big gasser because I'm really not going to need all that power or especially, the weight. It's a very heavy engine and would knock 700lbs off my payload capacity. If that were the case, I'd have to fortify the rear suspension...and that's something I want to avoid.

Had that old 7.3 in a van, huh? Yeah...those Navistar engines were quite the headache...although they say that one was the best of the bunch. The later ones were awful.

25. Likes devo_stevo, oldno7 liked this post
    whoaaa--I had no idea they had a tank division with spinning turret.

they are prepared beyond compare.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

That was actually pretty good. Thanks for sharing.