Page 124 of 219 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 4378

Thread: Post Something For No Particular Reason

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Awkward!

Never regret anything that made you smile!

5. Likes oldno7 liked this post

Name:  IMG_0013.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  58.2 KB

Hold my beer...

Climb-Utah.com

8. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Hold my beer...

Climb-Utah.com
    I chuckl'd

do we get any points if we only get to the first tile line?

12. Likes kiwi_outdoors, dougrz liked this post
    I get out of my truck to get a cup of coffee, detoured off the straight line to the door and walk by these low bushes that catch debris from the wind and sure enough...cash.

When you live in a windy town, money seems to get away from people. I find cash frequently. I don't recall ever finding a hundie and this may be my very first $5 bill. Usually it's ones and twenties. Look along chain link fences, too. It's kinda like a hobby of mine...eyes scanning the ground. Probably comes from the time I was dirt poor. Also, if you're REALLY scraping the bowl...got to any public laundromat and take a straightened coat hanger with you...if you fish around under the washers and dryers you'll dig out quarters. That used to be my emergency "go to" for money when I was seriously hungry...and when I was a kid, too. Figured that one out when I was about 10.

Here's another pro tip...when you're crossing the grocery store parking lot, especially in winter if there's patches of snow/ice on the pavement, look for cash. People seem to stuff it into their jacket pockets and when they fish their keys out it falls on the ground.

Name:  DDECAA43-D53A-4A49-BE5F-DE169FEC4AA2.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  24.0 KB
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

14. Likes dougrz, Iceaxe liked this post
    I was walking across the grocery store parking lot about 40 years ago and a dollar bill goes blowing by so I stomp on it to pick it up... and to my surprise it was a $100. That's my big find... next biggest was a $5 at the county fair.

Climb-Utah.com

My best found money story:

Several years ago we went up to Ruth's Diner in Emigration Canyon for brunch. We sat at the tables out front. As we were sitting there, a crumpled $20 bill blew under my chair from the parking lot. I asked around, but nobody claimed it. It paid for breakfast that day.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    As we were sitting there, a crumpled $20 bill blew under my chair from the parking lot. I asked around, but nobody claimed it.
    WHAT? no, no, no, no, no...finders keepers, losers weepers. You tuck that puppy into your pocket QUICK.

I used to find money left on tables in resturants all the time. Some people can't seem to keep track of their cash...

"WHAT? no, no, no, no, no...finders keepers, losers weepers. You tuck that puppy into your pocket QUICK."

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    I used to find money left on tables in resturants all the time. Some people can't seem to keep track of their cash...

"WHAT? no, no, no, no, no...finders keepers, losers weepers. You tuck that puppy into your pocket QUICK."
    Haha! Now that's taking it a bit too far. In all my low budget youth, I never stooped that low.

There's a diner nearby that I frequent for breakfast. Normally, I leave two bucks for a tip every time, but every now and then I'll throw down a fiver...just a bit extra for Lisa, Jared or Gail...who are usually serving me. I get special treatment for that, as well as being a "regular".

Anyway, this one particular day left $5 for the tip and walked over to the hostess station to pay for my meal...It's about 10 feet away from where I sat and the busboy, a Mexican who looked like he just swam the river, comes over to wipe down the area with a rag. He had the rag in one hand and a death grip on that $5 bill with the other...I watched him, he was just waiting for the opportunity to stuff it into his pocket...he looked around a bit and sure enough that's exactly what he did. He didn't even notice me staring straight at him.

I whispered to the hostess what had happened...never saw that guy again.

I told my wife the other day that she better watch out for the lady that lives directly across the street from us. After her asking why, i proceeded to tell her the following story from the day before:

I was standing out in front of my open garage doing some cleaning up and stuff, when I noticed the lady across the street walking over to my driveway, to which she greeted me with the question of: "Hey, how big is your 'saw'? The one i've got isn't big enough to fit my current needs. Can you help me with some trimming up of my 'birdhouse'?" After telling her I've got a good sized saw, and looking at her birdhouse, I told her I think I can handle meeting her needs. That's the reason I got that particular saw was to handle big projects like that. So, I put her birdhouse up on the miter saw, and proceed to cut off the ends of the worn out pieces, cleaned it up pretty good, for which she seemed pretty pleased with. After I done, she kindly thanked me, and returned back across the street.

After telling her what happened, my wife replied, in a shocked voice: And you just helped her out, fixed her birdhouse with your big 'saw' just like that?

I replied: Well, I'm just trying to be a goodly neighbor. Didn't want to offend her. She could see the saw sitting there in the garage. I coulnd't just turn her down.

I guess that what I get for opening the garage door and letting the world see my saw, and how big it is.

Looking back, I'm wondering if I should have used some protection. I mean the ends of her birdhouse was kind of rotting away, had moss and mold growing on it. Probably should have used gloves, at least. Maybe even a mask.

Anyway, now that it's out in the open, if anyone's wife has a need for some trimming of their birdhouse, I do have a good sized saw that will handle most jobs, along with a satified customer across the street as a good reference.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

22. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    I told my wife the other day that she better watch out for the lady that lives directly across the street from us. After her asking why, i proceeded to tell her the following story from the day before:

I was standing out in front of my open garage doing some cleaning up and stuff, when I noticed the lady across the street walking over to my driveway, to which she greeted me with the question of: "Hey, how big is your 'saw'? The one i've got isn't big enough to fit my current needs. Can you help me with some trimming up of my 'birdhouse'?" After telling her I've got a good sized saw, and looking at her birdhouse, I told her I think I can handle meeting her needs. That's the reason I got that particular saw was to handle big projects like that. So, I put her birdhouse up on the miter saw, and proceed to cut off the ends of the worn out pieces, cleaned it up pretty good, for which she seemed pretty pleased with. After I done, she kindly thanked me, and returned back across the street.

After telling her what happened, my wife replied, in a shocked voice: And you just helped her out, fixed her birdhouse with your big 'saw' just like that?

I replied: Well, I'm just trying to be a goodly neighbor. Didn't want to offend her. She could see the saw sitting there in the garage. I coulnd't just turn her down.

I guess that what I get for opening the garage door and letting the world see my saw, and how big it is.

Looking back, I'm wondering if I should have used some protection. I mean the ends of her birdhouse was kind of rotting away, had moss and mold growing on it. Probably should have used gloves, at least. Maybe even a mask.

Anyway, now that it's out in the open, if anyone's wife has a need for some trimming of their birdhouse, I do have a good sized saw that will handle most jobs, along with a satified customer across the street as a good reference.
    A whole littany of euphamisms I was totally unaware of....

24. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    Well gentlemen, have fun!

I'm heading up to work on a remote cabin about 40 miles away from Glenwood Springs, right on the edge of the Flattops Wilderness. It'll take me about a week to redcoat the exterior. Way out in the boonies...I'll take all my food and it doesn't have internet...or even a cell signal, for that matter. Total disconnect.

I wonder "what in the world" will happen while I'm gone? Seems like every few days there's some kind of momentous event. My bet is that Trump will deliver a kickass speech that lights up the base and sets back to level those that are back on their heels a bit...followed by Biden springing Harris on us. We'll see...

Name:  14123240-A64F-47FD-9C79-C65CA9C61D58.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  22.1 KB

26. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I wonder "what in the world" will happen while I'm gone? Seems like every few days there's some kind of momentous event.
    We should all place some assumptions of what will happen in a week.

Mine is, they'll start boosting up a 2nd COVID wave, and some cities might actually try to take Police off of the streets for a trial run.

28. Likes double moo liked this post
    My new tape measure...

30. Likes BruteForce, rockgremlin liked this post
    Nice rig. @BruteForce are you jealous?

32. Likes devo_stevo, dougrz, BruteForce liked this post