Thread: Possible Wedge Overlook Route

Possible Wedge Overlook Route

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a route from the Wedge Overlook down to the San Rafael River.
    Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm looking for a direct hiking route from the Wedge Overlook down to the San Rafael River ( Little Grand Canyon ) not a mountain biking route. Thanks.

Those are some big cliffs at the wedge. I don't think there is a hiking route... if there is I'm very interested to know about it too
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Those are some big cliffs at the wedge. I don't think there is a hiking route... if there is I'm very interested to know about it too
    X2

There sure are some steep cliffs. Looking @ GE I'm pretty sure that you'd have to fix a rope or two.

If a route exists I'm guessing it would be complicated, similar to some of the routes out of the Grand Canyon. But with that being said I'm sure one could be pioneered if someone was willing to put in the effort, as that's a lot of wall not to have a weakness in it somewhere.

I've looked a couple of times for a route but haven't found it, though I think there must be a route somewhere. There is a side-canyon on the east side of Good Water that I think would do the trick, but it's a long-ish route and not as direct as from the Wedge Overlook. http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap...36262&z=19&t=s
    Blog | FB

I haven't done it, but Google Earth and photographs do indicate a possible route down into Good Water. I would start looking there.

Name:  wedge.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  113.7 KB
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Thanks. What I'm looking for is a shortcut off the Wedge Overlook to Virgin Springs area. Good Water Canyon really wouldn't be a much shorter hike than the usual way.