Thread: BLM database

BLM database

From http://www.sltrib.com/news/1960442-1...hts?fullpage=1

The agency maintains a database of known sites, but its adequacy has been challenged numerous times and the BLM conceded it is far from complete.
    Ewing spent a recent afternoon roaming a parcel to be leased near Coal Bed Village, an important archaeological area east of Blanding where the Anasazi once thrived. Ewing detected 10 archaeological features that are not listed on the BLM database.
    So how does one access this database? Ewing apparently has a copy. A FOIA request?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It appears it may actually be exempted from FOIA.

http://gis.utah.gov/new-generalized-...t-in-the-sgid/

[QUOTEArchaeological sites are classified as protected under the State Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA) and the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) and exempted under federal Freedom of Information Act. Therefore, the dataset is generalized to protect the locations of archaeological sites, in compliance with the State and federal cultural resource laws.][/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by phatch View Post
    It appears it may actually be exempted from FOIA.

http://gis.utah.gov/new-generalized-...t-in-the-sgid/

[QUOTEArchaeological sites are classified as protected under the State Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA) and the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) and exempted under federal Freedom of Information Act. Therefore, the dataset is generalized to protect the locations of archaeological sites, in compliance with the State and federal cultural resource laws.]
    [/QUOTE]

Hello

I download the 2 files on zip, but impossible to open, one I can but the gps are really strange, can I have some help to understand ?

Thanks in advance

There are no zip files associated with these posts. So I have no idea what you've downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by phatch View Post
    There are no zip files associated with these posts. So I have no idea what you've downloaded.
    see that :

ftp://ftp.agrc.utah.gov/UtahSGID_Vec...es/_Statewide/

Quote Originally Posted by NicholasKotan View Post
    There are no zip files associated with these posts. So I have no idea what you've downloaded

ftp://ftp.agrc.utah.gov/UtahSGID_Vec...es/_Statewide/

There have been policy changes over the last year with BLM. They used to pass out information like candy on Halloween, then it became "if you know the name, we will tell you" now many times they flat out refuse. It seems that National Parks and other agencies are putting pressure on BLM to button up according to some NP and BLM Rangers I have talked with. Much information is of course on the internet that is one reason why I joined this group today. One of your members (Doc) was inquiring about when (if ever) Black Canyon will ever reopen. Personally I believe the sites most visited are the safest for the most part.