Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2016

Now were talkin'...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Draw play for the score...

Well, Shyne to be added to the growing list of injuries. And it looks like a brutal knee-buckling season ender.

Hells bells...

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Well, Shyne to be added to the growing list of injuries. And it looks like a brutal knee-buckling season ender.

Hells bells...
    Damn...next man up!

Crap! Utah just burned #27 Manalo's red shirt because of injuries at RB.

The only two Pac-12 teams ranked in the top 25

KW: Armand Shyne is done for the year. We're down to the sixth running back. Jordan Howard finished the game, but is unavailable this week.

What happened to Moss and McCormick? Is Moss still injured? McC just kinda fell off the map...

KW: Not out of the possibility to bring back Joe Williams out of retirement.

I'm guessing Moss will be back...

Week 6: Oregon State Beavers

Let me preface this sermon by pointing out that whatever happened last week in Corvallis was a fluke. If you missed it, basically both Cal and Oregon State sent their defenses home after kickoff, and an offensive circus ensued until the end of regulation, where they decided to put more time (and points) on the board in a crazy overtime affair that resulted in a 3 point Beaver win.

Riding high on the goal line defensive stand that sent Utah home with a loss the previous week, Cal apparently forgot all about how to play any defense at all upon stepping off the bus in Corvallis. The Golden Bears allowed 474 rushing yards and 6 (six!) rushing TDs, including the victory stroll into the end zone by the Beavers less-than-crappy QB in OT to seal the deal.

So, yeah, fluke.

Let me put it this way...the Beavers are in a three-way tie for last place in the Pac12, along with Arizona and the sleepwalking Ducks. Last week's win over Cal was their first Pac12 win in twelve tries. Before that, Colorado and Boise State decimated them.

The Beavers have no QB to speak of. In the last four games their starting QB (Garretson) has thrown ZERO TDs, three interceptions, and has only thrown over 100 yards once. His backup is equally as bad, with ZERO TDs and two interceptions. Truly, their QB situation smells worse than the southern end of a north-bound skunk.

Their running backs are fairly talented, but nothing special. Prior to playing Cal, their leading RB (Nall) only had 211 yards rushing in four games, and he was injured in the Cal game, so he's not going to be at 100% on Saturday.

The Beavers are allowing 432 yards of total offense/game, while scoring only 361 themselves (or only 312 if you throw out the Cal game).

There is rain in the forecast for Saturday's game, so let's hope Utah can muster some kind of ground attack. Hopefully Moss is healthy enough to get the nod, cuz we're gonna need him.

In spite of Utah's injuries, the Utes should be healthy enough to hand the Beavers their fourth loss of the season. Vegas picks Utah as a 10 point favorite, and I cannot disagree.

Utah 27
    The Beavers 17

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Utah 35
    Arizona 17
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Utes 31
    Wild Kittens: 24
    Final Score
    Utah 36
    Arizona 23

This week
    Mighty Utes 30
    Raskly Beavers 17

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Final Score
    Utah 36
    Arizona 23
    Stupid garbage time Arizona TD. If they hadn't scored with five minutes left in the game I would've nailed the final score...only off by one point. I was so pissed when they got that last TD.

Utah football receives commitment from Texas WR Tyquez Hampton

He flipped from Washington State to Utah

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...?clear_cache=1

'Retired' Joe Williams returns to Utes after slew of RB injuries

Running back Joe Williams has returned to the Utah Utes after his retirement a few weeks ago.

A school spokesperson confirmed that Williams was back practicing in Salt Lake City with the team Tuesday. If Williams is feeling up to it, he will play against Oregon State this weekend.

Williams left the team in September because his body was feeling worn out, but after a slew of running back injuries, Utah coach Kyle Whittingham asked his players whether they would be in favor of inviting Williams back to the team. After the team agreed, Whittingham approached Williams.

Currently, Williams is day-to-day and not making a season-long commitment.

The Utes already were without running back Zack Moss when running back Armand Shyne went down against Arizona last weekend with a noncontact injury. On Monday, Whittingham had told KSL.com that Moss would be a game-time decision against Oregon State.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...tes-retirement
    http://es.pn/2dI8qdU

What....?

Joe Williams returning is not a well thought out plan. J'Dub "retired" because he was feeling worn down mentally and physically. And now he's going to embrace the grind that was the source of so much anguish and hardship just one month ago?

He's returning not because of a passionate desire to play but out of sheer desperation from the coaching staff to fill much needed vacancy.

The guy's spent the last month hitting the books and changing dirty diapers, his conditioning can't be too great.

And what about those buttery fingers of his? Promoting the team leader in fumblerooski to starter might be a disaster.

I really want to be positive about this, but there are so, so many red flags. We shall see...(taking deep breath, crossing fingers, knocking on wood).

He can ride the pine if Moss is healthy.

However I think Joe was one of the fastest guys in the team. If he can secure the rock and find some holes. Giddy up!

I'm with Rock on this one. William's return is a train wreck waiting to happen. I'm betting a lot of players on that team have some RB experience. From my years of coaching HS football I know the best athlete's have all player RB at various times in their Pop Warner and HS football lives.

"fastest Ute returner runs 4.35-second 40."

http://www.utahutes.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=770

For Saturday's game vs OSU...The good news is that the Beaver's star RB (Nall) will be playing with an injured ankle, so don't expect any 200+ yard performance out of him this weekend.

The bad news is that the remnants of typhoon Songda are expected to batter Corvallis with damaging winds and flooding rains this weekend. In light of this, I wouldn't expect Williams to be airing out the ball very often. All the more reason to get their RB situation squared away in preparation for what is almost certain to be a slippery, sloppy mud bog. And with king floppy-fingers at running back for Utah, who knows what could happen. It might turn into a turnover fest.