Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2016

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Who's the announcer-turned-Ute-fan high fiving Swoop?

Davontae Booker just got his first NFL touchdown at home against the Texans. Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    John Stockton
    He's an ESPN announcer now? Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    He's an ESPN announcer now? Good for him.
    Stockton was the guess picker last time ESPN Game Day was in town.

Rock's Thoughts: Washington Huskies

Guys, we're in trouble.

Every time I make one of these rambling predictions I go through and conduct a thorough assessment of Utah's next opponent. My assessment of Washington was disheartening and unencouraging. They are a true offensive juggernaut. There are no flaws in their game, no chinks in their armor. They can decimate you in so many different ways. They're a truly impressive team, who could give any team in the country a run for their money.

Their offense is almost a perfect balance of rushing and passing. If Browning isn't gonna murder you with his arm, there are at least two very talented running backs who will kill you with their legs. Just recently, Browning has started running the ball, as if he wasn't already dangerous enough.

One of the most impressive things that stood out to me was ball control. The Huskies have only turned the ball over 5 times, but they've forced 19 turnovers.

So what happened in Arizona? Who knows. An off night? A fluke? Consider it an outlier in an otherwise flawless campaign.

Having witnessed how badly UCLA shredded Utah's defense last week, Washington will almost certainly look for an encore performance, ruining Utah's ESPN gameday with Browning raining bombs all over the Utes' secondary.

I really hope I'm wrong, and Utah rains all over Washington's purple parade. However, in the cruel land of reality, I've gotta pick the Huskies to win. :(

Utah 24
    Purple Haze 42

Not to mention Chris Peterson has pretty much made Whittingham his personal bitch over the years.

Our starting QB was only number 4 on the Huskies depth chart.

Utah leads the PAC 12 in takeaways.

But there is a reason the games are not played on paper. If Troy Williams throws the ball like he did against USC and Joe Williams runs like he did against UCLA Utah will make a game of it.

Utah has two other things going for it. Our special teams might be the best in the country and the game is at RES, which is considered one of the best homefield advantages anywhere. Everything else points to Washington.

Utah Football 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Utah leads the PAC 12 in takeaways.
    Utah is leading the nation. Washington is tied for 3rd, with one less game played...

Does anybody know if Marcus Williams is back from his injury? Utah is gonna need him against Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Does anybody know if Marcus Williams is back from his injury? Utah is gonna need him against Washington.
    He's NOT listed on the depth chart. This concerns me greatly.

All the pac 12 are picking Washington. This may be good to add to the chip on Utahs shoulder

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yup, the Utes are getting no love.

And I don't believe the Huskies will go through the PAC 12 undefeated, they will slip up somewhere, all the great PAC 12 teams usually do over the years. It's just a matter of which team will trip them.

I think if Utah can't stop the Husky train, the next best candidate is probably USC, as it appears the Trojans have pulled their heads out.

And after some digging I managed to find someone intrepid enough to pick Utah over Washington...and it's not even a local article:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/10/2...wn-washington/

If you recall the game against #5 Stanford in 2013. We'll see if the Utes can "slay a giant."

^^^I think I recall storming the field after that game.

Utah Football 2016

Yeah, yeah...talk it up. Lol

“For them to come back two times in a row speaks a lot to our athletics program, our football team, but also the entire university.” -Chris Hill

Utah Football 2016

Utah lands 4-star CB Jaylon Johnson

Utah added a piece to its 2017 recruiting class Friday night, as four-star cornerback Jaylon Johnson announced his commitment to the Utes.

Johnson made the announcement before his high school game Friday night, posing in front of a Utah sign for those in attendance.

Johnson is the 189th-ranked player on the ESPN 300 for 2017, and the 17th-ranked cornerback in the class. Johnson was offered by a number of high-profile programs including California, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and USC.

Johnson joins four-star wide receiver Tyquez Hampton as the leading recruits in a seven-player class so far for Utah.