Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2016

Utah jumps up to 18 in the coaches poll.

Arizona state is also undefeated in the Pac 12 south, but somehow isn't ranked in the top 25. How is that?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Utah Football 2016

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Utah jumps up to 18 in the coaches poll.

Arizona state is also undefeated in the Pac 12 south, but somehow isn't ranked in the top 25. How is that?
    ASU looked horrible and has no defense. They pretty much beat Cal based on Cal's mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    They pretty much beat Cal based on Cal's mistakes.
    So, another one of those "we lost, but they didn't win" scenarios? (Referencing how USC thinks Utah won solely on USC's mistakes, and not on Utah's own merit). :)

Well hell, if ASU can beat up on the Golden Bears, then Utah should be 5 - 0 here pretty soon...

FWIW: ASU is ranked #26. There biggest problem is they were picked to battle with Colorado for the bottom of the PAC 12 South at the start of the season.

RockG's $0.02: California Golden Bears

Well, apparently Vegas has Cal as a one point favorite over the 18th ranked Utes. Usually the home team gets a three point edge in the betting lines, so technically if this was played at a neutral site Utah would be favored by 2. Basically, this is a coin flip.

Cal has a very dangerous and accurate passer in Webb, who already has over 1800 passing yards and 18 TDs in just four games. Utah's secondary is gonna have their hands full because Cal can air out the football seemingly at will, and a win against a top 20 team would look great on an already not-so-stellar resume.

The only barometer we have for gauging Utah's performance against a talented QB is how they performed against BYU and USC, and they just barely squeaked by in both instances. Add to that the fact that Utah's vaunted defence is limping. Is Lotulelei still on the injury list?

I think the Utes may possibly face a stiffer test in Cal than any game they've played so far this year. The BYU & USC games could have easily ended in a loss, and we had home field advantage for both of those. Cal beat Texas back when the longhorns were ranked 11th in the polls, but who isn't beating up on Texas these days? But then again, they lost to the Sun Devils, who many believe aren't as good as their undefeated record indicates.

This one is probably too close to call, with the outcome most likely hinging upon who wins the turnover battle. If Utah coughs up the rock more than twice they're probably toast. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this one goes into OT. I'd love to be optimistic here, but I'm gonna go with my gut on this one.

Cal 34
    Utah 31

I think this is a special team...knock on wood.

Cal's defense is allowing 40 while the offense is averaging 45. Utah's defense is allowing 16 and the offense is scoring 27.

It's really about Utah's D against Cal's O. I think our defense will slow them down, while our offense should have a great chance at scoring.

Utah 38
    Cal 31

9. Likes gholt liked this post
    We really need Lutolelei back. There is no way we can lose the best lineman in the PAC 12 and not pay dearly for it. If you remember USC couldn't run the ball until Lutolelei was hurt and then they were able to really gash the D.

I thought Whit said he would play?

I hope so. I haven't heard anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I hope so. I haven't heard anything yet.
    Whit said (in the weekly press conference), "Well, we hope he'll play. We don't ever (as I mentioned before give an injury report), but we're hopeful."

I thought Whit said he would play?
    I haven't heard that. In fact, I just read that the entire team is preparing to play on Saturday without him. Mokofisi is practicing all week as if he's starting. Even IF Lotulelei comes back, he's damaged goods at this point, and not gonna perform at 100%.

This is great news for Cal, who are probably licking their chops watching video of USC carving up our line after Lotulelei left the game.

Utah's biggest problem is going to be how to stop Webb, who has thrown a MINIMUM of 400 yards in every game he's played this season. I think if they can contain him, or at least slow him down they'll win. He's not completely infallible though. He threw 2 interceptions against ASU, and 3 against SDSU...so there's hope.

Lotulelei will not be playing. Whit is just talking coach speak to force Cal to waste time prepping for him.

This will be Cal's homecoming game on Saturday.

Hopefully Utah brings their sack-happy defence, cuz they're gonna have their hands full trying to contain the dynamic duo of Webb and Chase Hansen. Hatfield better eat his Wheaties.

Just read that Cal's QB has been sacked 5 times...

Just read that Cal's QB has been sacked 5 times...
    That's averaging about one sack per game this season. Hopefully Utah can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    That's averaging about one sack per game this season. Hopefully Utah can do better.
    You suck at math as that is averaging almost 2 sacks per game (1.7 per game). If we are rounding it's 2 and not 1.

Four games, sacked five times.

5 sacks divided by 4 games:

5/4 = 1.25 that rounds to one...Right?

Here, let me help you clean that egg off your face...

Name:  bad-1253871_960_720.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  43.7 KB

I was thinking 3 games.

***backs out off room slowly and quietly closes door***