Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2016

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    maybe this is as far as a Kyle Whitingham team can go...

Maybe time to make a call to Urban?
    Don't think he'll be coming back.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

One thing is certain when it comes to Utah: there will ALWAYS be at least one game during the season where the Utes are heavy favorites and they find a way to scrape out a loss.

Last year Utah pulled this shit at home against UCLA, 2014 they coughed up a loss at home against lowly Washington State, 2013 they went into RiceEccless a favorite against the Beavers and lost by three points.

For some unknown reason, Utah has a long and storied history of maintaining at least one disgraceful defeat during the course of the season.

It's embarrassing. Yesterday on the walk up to Rice Eccles a stranger and I joked about how large of a margin Utah was going to crush Oregon...and then Utah promptly gives away almost 600 yards to the Ducks en route to a disaster.

So much for that Pac12 title we've been chasing all season.

This is why we can't have nice things, Utah.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

3 plays away from undefeated.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    3 plays away from undefeated.
    I dunno man. Yesterday I watched a multitude of stupid plays committed by the Utes. Most of them committed by a sleepwalking defence who were caught with their pants down all afternoon. And Troy's fumble on the 5 yard line didn't help. It all adds up.

I mean seriously, how do you allow one of the worst teams in the conference to come into your house and run up almost 600 yards of total offense...on senior day...with the conference title on the line? WTF were they thinking?

Utah Football 2016

So do they help USC win the south on Saturday or lay an egg and give it to Colorado?

I need to know if I should wear my Utah gear to the game.

I would go wearing Colorado gear over the top of your Utah Utes underoos. Wear anything red and you'll be a target for every drunk beer-swilling Buffalo fan in Boulder.

Utah should play well enough to keep it interesting, but at this point Colorado has all the momentum, and Utah just had their hearts and dreams ripped from them in demoralizing fashion. Besides, a win next week means nothing. A Buffalo loss next week just means that the two-loss Trojans would sit atop the South division. That's not very encouraging. I'm sure all of the Utes players are questioning why they should play so hard against Colorado if it's just gonna result in USC winning the South.

If Utah beats Colorado they should still get a good bowl. If they lose they get a toilet bowl. You know what I mean, a bowl like the one BYU plays for every year... Snicker-snicker....

Utah isn't going to lay down and die. If they do win and I'm wearing Utah gear with my two boys...it could get ugly

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Utah isn't going to lay down and die.

They already have.

Utah 28
    Oregon 30

Brace yourself for another Las Vegas bowl.

Utah drops from 11 to 21 in the AP. The largest drop this week.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    One thing is certain when it comes to Utah: there will ALWAYS be at least one game during the season where the Utes are heavy favorites and they find a way to scrape out a loss.

Last year Utah pulled this shit at home against UCLA, 2014 they coughed up a loss at home against lowly Washington State, 2013 they went into RiceEccless a favorite against the Beavers and lost by three points.

For some unknown reason, Utah has a long and storied history of maintaining at least one disgraceful defeat during the course of the season.

It's embarrassing. Yesterday on the walk up to Rice Eccles a stranger and I joked about how large of a margin Utah was going to crush Oregon...and then Utah promptly gives away almost 600 yards to the Ducks en route to a disaster.

So much for that Pac12 title we've been chasing all season.

This is why we can't have nice things, Utah.
    Count your blessings, at least they only do it once a year. #BYU

Maybe it's time we just accept the fact that Utah is a middle of the road PAC 12 team, nothing wrong with that. Middle of the road PAC 12 teams are top 25 teams, just not top 10 teams. With a little luck we might make it to the Rose Bowl once every 20 years.

And remember Utah's first year in the PAC when Colorado dashed our hopes of playing in the PAC 12 Championship? It's about time Utah returned the favor :-)

Paybacks are a bitch... 2011.

--

"SALT LAKE CITY -- Coleman Petersen missed a 48-yard field goal try with two seconds remaining as Colorado escaped with a 17-14 victory over Utah
    on Friday, ending the Utes' hopes for a Pac-12 South title and halting the Buffaloes' school-record 23-game road losing streak.

With the loss by Utah, UCLA will represent the South in the inaugural Pac-12 championship game."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=313290254

I quit caring about Utah football right around the time Utah's defense did...about 3:00 Saturday afternoon. Moving on to the runnin Utes...

Colorado favored by 10.

Utah had SO many chances. Not much creativity with the offense. Most plays were runs or home run balls.

Utah Football 2016

Utah (8-4) will play Indiana (6-6) in the Foster Farms Bowl on Dec. 28 at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif.

Descent bowl, but shitty opponent.

ESPN "expert..."

Foster Farms Bowl: Indiana vs. No. 19 Utah
    (8:30 p.m., Fox, Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, California)
    Despite Utah's late-season fade, it's hard to go against coach Kyle Whittingham, who is 9-1 in bowl games and brings the more talented squad to the Bay Area. New Indiana coach Tom Allen will have his Hoosiers ready to go, but Utah's defensive front, stocked with NFL-caliber talent, pushes the Utes over the top. Utah 37, Indiana 28.