Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING: Star Wars spoiler !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I think Rey is Luke's daughter.
    The movie was setup to make you think that..... So it will not happen, as Rey's true parents will be the twist in the sequel.

I believe Ren already knows who Rey actually is.

And my kids were watching a pirated copy of the the new Star Wars yesterday and Luke is definitely standing next to a headstone in the final scene. At first it appears he is gazing out at the ocean but as the camera pans back he is really gazing at what appears to be a headstone.

I can't believe I'm actually nerdy enough to know this crap....

2. Likes jman liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    At first it appears he is gazing out at the ocean but as the camera pans back he is really gazing at what appears to be a headstone.
    Ah, you're right. I had to watch it again to see that.

6. Likes Glenn, rockgremlin, DiscGo liked this post

8. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

WARNING: Star Wars spoiler !!!!!

So what the heck is on this headstone...nerd. Haha

I need to see it again or find a clip of that scene.

Blog Entries

So what the heck is on this headstone...nerd. Haha

I need to see it again or find a clip of that scene.
    No one can tell (designed that way im sure).

Best guesses are that its Luke's wife. And when he sees Rey's face, Luke is more concerned with Rey (daughter perhaps? which ties into the vision that Rey say and her desire to return to Jakku since she is waiting for her family to return) that then the lightsaber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    This mentions Rey and Ren being cousins, so the daughter of Luke makes sense. We already know that Ren is Han and Leia's boy.

This mentions Rey and Ren being cousins, so the daughter of Luke makes sense.
    Dude.... that is just a joke.... I wouldn't read to much into someones attempt at humor.

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    No one can tell (designed that way im sure).

Best guesses are that its Luke's wife.
    Nerd out here, but if Luke truly become a Jedi, he wouldn't have gotten married, he would have left the life of companionship behind. It could be the grave of one of his padowans.

I think we'll learn who Rey's parents were and why they left her at Jakku. She was probably dropped there for protection from Snoke, similar to the Skywalker twins being broken up and hidden. I don't think Rey knew Luke, she thought he was just a myth, but I think Han knows exactly who she is. This is why he personally oversaw her extraction from the Star Killer base, and he told Fin not to worry, that they won't be leaving there without her.

Han told Maz at her place all about Rey and how she was waiting for somebody to come back to Jakku, so Maz knew who Rey was too and that her future wasn't with who she was waiting for, but it was with Luke and the Jedi training.

And finally Kylo Ren meets Rey, he says this is the girl he's heard so much about. He and Snoke know there is much more to Rey.

15. Likes Glenn, rockgremlin, DiscGo, Iceaxe liked this post
    If I remember correctly there was a book series years ago where Han and Leia had twins with one turning to the dark side. The overall arc was Luke then had to train the female twin and she was forced to kill her brother. I never read the series but I have a couple of friends who are die hard fans that have. Disney has already stated the book series has no bearing on the movie plot or timeline, for whatever that is worth.

Yeah...I haven't even seen the movie yet and I'm geeking out on the stinkin' thing!

Oh well, something to do on a cold day between football action and commercials.

The main theories on the internet seem to be all about Rey...who is she related to?

I don't think she's the daughter of Luke or the niece of Han. She spends a lot of time with Han in this movie, right? Wouldn't he have acknowledged that?

Another theory is that she was being trained (with others) by Luke when Ren went bad. Why wouldn't she remember that, even if she were quite young? Somebody pulled a Jedi "memory wipe" on her?...that would be a stupid part of the plot. I don't think she was a Jedi in training.

Nobody seems to know who Rey is, expect apparently Ren. Does she recognize him at first glance? If not, then perhaps she is someone he has "heard of"...perhaps she was recognized as having the force as an infant by parents that have nothing to do with anybody else in the series. Kinda like Anakin, a "force baby".

Hey man, maybe she's the daughter of the athletic Sith dude in Phantom Menace! Wadda ya think of that...hmmmm?
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Hey man, maybe she's the daughter of the athletic Sith dude in Phantom Menace! Wadda ya think of that...hmmmm?
    Speaking of Darth Maul, he actually survived being cut in half, gets new legs, and later gets into a battle with his old master Darth Sidious.

Looks like Rey is Kylo Ren's cousin. Disney gave it away in this gameplay scene at 20:32

"Face me Cousin!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Looks like Rey is Kylo Ren's cousin. Disney gave it away in this gameplay scene at 20:32

"Face me Cousin!"
    apparently it's "curses" rather than "cousin".

see link:
    http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Kyl...th-102167.html

OK, saw the movie today. On one hand it was great, on the other it had it's disappointments. I also am pretty sure I know who Rey is, as it's so obvious as to who she isn't. She's not Lukes daughter or Rens cousin in any way. Ren doesn't really know who she is. Her parents are certainly dead. All of this is in plain sight in the movie. She was Obi-wan all over the place...somehow she has ties to him. I'd bet a granddad on that if anyone wants to take the bet.

So...the crappy part. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT SNOKIE THING??? For cryin' out loud, can't they do better than that? Abrams pulled the same stupid stunt in the first Star Trek movie, with that giant CGI monster chasing Kirk around the snow. What's with these stupid monsters? The appearance of that thing was like Ted Danson showing up in Saving Private Ryan...it just stopped the movie dead in it's tracks. Now we have to watch that big, dumb thing get vanquished somehow.

A little too much action...one chase scene after another with so little real dialogue in between. This movie "felt" like Star Wars, but the first two movies had a lot more drama mixed with the action. Kind of like Luke hanging out with Yoda...I guess that's all too slow these days?

Man, does Carrie Fisher look terrible! It was distracting. I see that she's getting pissed about people taking notice of it. Quite frankly, if she can figure a way to wiggle out of anymore of these movies, that would suit me just fine. It's shocking to me how much alcohol and drugs really jack some people up, ages them hard. Luke doesn't look so hot either, his nose looks like it's been broke a few times. He looks like he drinks a lot, too.

By the way, there is no headstone where he's standing. As was said earlier in the movie, he's guarding the tomb that is the very essence of the Force, both dark and light. I think his presence is to strengthen the light side, helping Rey become so good, so fast.

When she shows up with the lightsaber, it's like "Now it's time to fight".

Great, more intense action scenes!!! But on the good side of all this, the special effects were absolutely top shelf.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

I don't think Snoke is that big, it's just the hologram. Snoke is rumored to be Darth Plagueis, the one spoken of by Palpatine that learned how to stop death. Then Darth Sidious (Palpatine) thinks he killed him, his master. Now he's back, as he's been orchestrating the rise and fall of the Empire all along, and is now influencing General Hux with the First Order, and training Kylo Ren of the Knights of Ren.

Yeah Carrie Fisher looks old. I think she could have dramatically improved her performance as Leia by opening her mouth a lot more as she spoke, instead of the small opening preventing the dentures from falling out.

It may or may not be a tombstone that Luke is at, but he's at the original Jedi Temple site. As I watched it over and over again, I do see a rock that resembles a headstone, to the right of Luke in these shots

Name:  vlcsnap-2015-12-31-16h43m49s14.png
Views: 194
Size:  241.7 KB

Name:  vlcsnap-2015-12-31-16h43m56s106.png
Views: 205
Size:  247.7 KB

Name:  vlcsnap-2015-12-31-16h44m02s163.png
Views: 201
Size:  217.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post

Yeah Carrie Fisher looks old. I think she could have dramatically improved her performance as Leia by opening her mouth a lot more as she spoke, instead of the small opening preventing the dentures from falling out.
    Hahahaha!...And I though I was harsh!

Before seeing the movie, my eyes were keen to scope out the "headstone"...it's just a rock, you can see it pretty close with the first shot of him standing there. If it's a marker, it's really weak. Anyway, we know he's at the Supreme Tomb, for what that will mean.

The part of Palpatine explaining the worst of the worst must have escaped me...as my brain was reeling with all the CGI in that stinking movie. The next two were even worse.

Damn dude...I thought I was a geek on this stuff...
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?