Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: WARNING: Star Wars spoiler !!!!!

So is it worth seeing? I liked Rouge One.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    I thought it was one of the better Star Wars. YMMV

It was pretty good, but the Mary Poppins scene floating in space was weird (you will see what I mean).

Other than that the movie was good, but Kylo Ren just doesn't make a very convincing ultimate bad guy. At the end of Rogue One, for example, Darth Vader was a real bad***, but Kylo Ren just isn't that intimidating.

In my opinion at least, this scene in Rogue One for example makes you fear Darth Vader a lot more than you do Kylo Ren.

By comparison, Kylo Ren is more like your big brother that picks on you every once in a while.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I agree about the Mary Poppins floating in space being dumb. Ditto for the red backup dancers of the Empires master.

Kylo Ren is conflicted (Darth Vader was not). I believe his inter conflict will be the bases of the next episode.

Here is a theory that I believe has some good foundation to it. And since this thread is labeled SPOILER, here it comes.

Scroll down for a spoiler:

Snoke may not be dead, it might have been another hologram, similar to Luke's trick he played. He might be allowing them to think he's dead.

The title for Star Wars IX has a good chance of being named "Black Diamond", which is what Snoke wears on his ring, taken from under Darth Vader's castle on Mustafar.

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

8. Likes devo_stevo liked this post

WARNING: Star Wars spoiler !!!!!

I can finally read this thread. I just saw it last night. Good movie. They always leave you with questions.

I came away thinking Rey’s parents were nobodies in the galaxy. No idea who snoke is or where he came from.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I came away thinking Rey’s parents were nobodies in the galaxy. No idea who snoke is or where he came from.
    I believe that is a misdirect, remember it was Kylo Ren telling her that when he was trying to seduce her into joining him.

I think they are trying to set us up for another "Luke, I am your father" moment. Or at least a "Leia is your sister" surprise, but the one thing you can be sure of is Rey's parents were somebody's as that has been the main question throughout the last two movies.

YMMV

I finally saw it last night as well. I can't believe I was able to go into it spoiler free. I also went in with low expectations as I had heard of people not liking it or thinking it was just OK. I loved it! I am hoping they follow the path that Rey's parents were actually nobody's. I think it makes it more interesting from the standpoint that greatness CAN come from nothingness. Anyway, my son knows more about the Star Wars movies and universe than anybody I know. Here's his very well written review: https://letterboxd.com/thegrizzlykid...the-last-jedi/
    Are we there yet?

12. Likes twotimer, gholt liked this post
    I agree with your son's review, and I haven't even seen it yet.

Nothing can recapture the magic of seeing those first three for the first time. I'll never forget Star Wars...I was 14 and had ditched school. I liked Sci-fi movies so I went in based on the poster alone. The movie had just come out.

There were only about 20 of us in there and we all cheered when the Death Star exploded. About a week later, I took my friend Frankie and this time the place was packed. Everybody cheered when the Death Star exploded.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

14. Likes gholt, accadacca liked this post
    I agree with your son's review, and I haven't even seen it yet.

Nothing can recapture the magic of seeing those first three for the first time. I'll never forget Star Wars...I was 14 and had ditched school. I liked Sci-fi movies so I went in based on the poster alone. The movie had just come out.

There were only about 20 of us in there and we all cheered when the Death Star exploded. About a week later, I took my friend Frankie and this time the place was packed. Everybody cheered when the Death Star exploded.
    Nice. I was 17 and was fortunate to have seen the original Star Wars on opening day at the old Centre Theater in downtown Salt Lake. I had never even heard of the movie (way before internet and pre-release hype back then was pretty much non-existent). My sci-fi nerd brother had heard of it and went alone mid-day. When he came home he immediately grabbed me saying, you've got go back with me right now and see this film! So, we drove back into Salt Lake from Kaysville, I was blown away form the opening scene to the end!
    Are we there yet?

I was also 17 and watched the original Star Wars opening weekend at the Center Theater. We went early Sunday morning and it was packed but had a few open seats. When we left the lines were huge. People were standing in line at noon to get into the evening showings.

Those old huge theaters were a lot of fun when a major new movie hit the market.

Star Wars opened on Wednesday, May 25, 1977. We went on that Wednesday and there was no line at all. I think between Wednesday and the weekend, word of mouth about the film had spread like wildfire, hence the crazy weekend crowds. From what I recall, the Centre Theater was one of a very small handfull of theaters in the US who agreed to show the film. Of course within a week every theater in the country wanted it.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Star Wars opened on Wednesday, May 25, 1977. We went on that Wednesday and there was no line at all. I think between Wednesday and the weekend, word of mouth about the film had spread like wildfire, hence the crazy weekend crowds. From what I recall, the Centre Theater was one of a very small handfull of theaters in the US who agreed to show the film. Of course within a week every theater in the country wanted it.
    I remember the day well as we listened to the Indy 500 on the radio on the way home. This was back before The 500 was broadcast live. This was also back when Indy was the biggest single day sporting event in the world, even bigger than the Superbowl :-)

What an absolute piece of shit. As soon as Luke said "I've come to this island to die" I felt like walking out of there. That one line demolished any interest I had. They turned Luke into a pathetic, sad sack.

This movie was a mishmash of Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones. Same story as Empire, blended with the cartoon aspect of Clones. Way too much melodrama, with all these teary eyed faces. They're doing way too much funky stuff with the Force, man. I'm not diggin' it.

I see in the trailers that they're going to pair up Thor with friggin' Groot. What the heck? Just put them all in a blender.

Speaking of trailers, I'll tell you what...Ron Howard's daughter is SMOKING HOT.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Speaking of trailers, I'll tell you what...Ron Howard's daughter is SMOKING HOT.
    Maybe the next Lindsey Lohan...

What an absolute piece of shit. As soon as Luke said "I've come to this island to die" I felt like walking out of there. That one line demolished any interest I had. They turned Luke into a pathetic, sad sack.

This movie was a mishmash of Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones. Same story as Empire, blended with the cartoon aspect of Clones. Way too much melodrama, with all these teary eyed faces. They're doing way too much funky stuff with the Force, man. I'm not diggin' it.

I see in the trailers that they're going to pair up Thor with friggin' Groot. What the heck? Just put them all in a blender.

I too though it was total shit. Just was reluctant to piss on the love parade here... but as long as you opened that door!..

Worst actress in the history of film got way too much screen time - more post death than while she was alive. And all the post production efforts to make her a final star only reinforced her lack of talent. Only one actor from the original could actually act... and he was killed off in the last episode. I loved all of the Hamill moving over the years,.. wait he was only in some corvette movie and shit canned after that.

Bring back Princess Almadea - and add some titty scenes. Even Axe could support that.

:-)

They could certainly up their game when it comes to hot chicks....

Marvel Comics made Deadpool for us adults... It's time the Star Wars folks follow suit.