Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING: Star Wars spoiler !!!!!

WARNING: Star Wars spoiler !!!!!

2. Likes DiscGo, gholt, jman, Sandstone Addiction liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

All this heavy marketing for the movie has me a bit turned off. I love sci-fi, oh yes I do...but just about every supermarket you go into has a stinking stormtrooper staring at you.

Only one more day and I will gleefully be able to read all about the plot. I'll go see it in a month or two...all the bang/flash/shoot 'em up effects are all I'm interested in anyway.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    All this heavy marketing for the movie has me a bit turned off. I love sci-fi, oh yes I do...but just about every supermarket you go into has a stinking stormtrooper staring at you.

Only one more day and I will gleefully be able to read all about the plot. I'll go see it in a month or two...all the bang/flash/shoot 'em up effects are all I'm interested in anyway.
    Where will you read the plot? Does the book come out this week?

Where will you read the plot?
    Wikipedia usually summarizes the plot of every movie right after it comes out.

For example, Mocking Jay Part 2:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hu...93_Part_2#Plot
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Indeed, you can read about it right now on the wiki page.

SPOILER ALERT!!!! You asked for it, you got it...

Han Solo is killed by his own son.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Oh man I just read the plot on Wikipedia. Yeah definitely some spoilers there, some relief, some downers, but that's what makes a great movie.

We saw the movie last night. It was pretty good. I'm glad they didn't put any annoying creatures in this time for comic relief (i.e. Jar Jar Binks). Although the effects were very good, the movie has more of a "feel" of the older Star Wars Movies, rather than the 1990's ones.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Agreed, great movie.

Saw the new Star Wars today.... if you've seen A New Hope you already know The Force Awakens story line.

That being said I enjoyed the show.

Blog Entries
    I watched it again for a 2nd time yesterday and caught a few interesting things, not to mention that re-watching the trailers I caught even more of the expanded plot, in light of the knowledge from the movie.

Is it safe to talk about em yet?? Use a SPOILER tag?
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I watched it again for a 2nd time yesterday and caught a few interesting things, not to mention that re-watching the trailers I caught even more of the expanded plot, in light of the knowledge from the movie.

Is it safe to talk about em yet?? Use a SPOILER tag?
    Go for it! The thread title has a big warning on it.

Blog Entries
    So, to start off the juicy details, near the end when you see somebody of significance....did you notice a grave (headstone) by this particular person?
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

So, to start off the juicy details, near the end when you see somebody of significance....did you notice a grave (headstone) by this particular person?
    I missed that..?

I haven't seen the movie yet, I'll wait a month or so and see it on a weekday afternoon.

In the rumor mill lead up to this movie, it was said that Luke is guarding the tomb of an ancient Sith. Was there a name on the grave?
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Blog Entries

WARNING: Star Wars spoiler !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    I haven't seen the movie yet, I'll wait a month or so and see it on a weekday afternoon.

In the rumor mill lead up to this movie, it was said that Luke is guarding the tomb of an ancient Sith. Was there a name on the grave?
    There wasn't unfortunately.

After watching it a second time I realized that this person wasn't staring into the ocean but this headstone. The angle of the perspective makes you think he is looking into the ocean.

Also, apparently, if you listen to the light sabers hitting each other there are voices supposedly from Ewan McGregor (the new Obi wan kenobi).

Also when Ray (the young heroine) has a flashback you will hear a short narration from a familiar voice "Rey, these are your first steps". That voice is again Ewan McGregor, ever though he said earlier that he hated the franchise and wouldn't be caught dead in another one. Surprise! Ha ha

Also if you notice Kylo Ren's lightsaber, you will see that that it kinda flickers like a flame. No one else's lightsaber does that. And I'm wondering if that's because he is still in "training" and hasn't finished it yet.

If you listen to when Kylo Ren is using the force to read Rey's mind, notice for some particular words that he says... Kinda interesting.

Anyway, there's just a few more things to chew on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

I don't know how they are going to get there... but I'll bet a dozen donuts that Rey and Ren are brother and sister for the simple fact it sets up an extremely interesting brother-sister conflict, which is way more enticing than a cousin conflict (Rey being Lukes daughter).

I don't know how they are going to get there... but I'll bet a dozen donuts that Rey and Ren are brother and sister for the simple fact it sets up an extremely interesting brother-sister conflict
    I'll take that bet, though I actually have no idea. We'll wait until 2017 to buy those donuts though.

Han Solo and Leia seemed more concerned with Ren rather than Rey.

22. Likes Scott P liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I don't know how they are going to get there... but I'll bet a dozen donuts that Rey and Ren are brother and sister for the simple fact it sets up an extremely interesting brother-sister conflict, which is way more enticing than a cousin conflict (Rey being Lukes daughter).
    I think Rey is Luke's daughter.