Thread: What to do in California and Dead valley

What to do in California and Dead valley

Hi,

Next summer we would like to visit new places. We will land in Las Vegas then we like to go canyonering near Dead Valley and near Los Angeles in the San Antonio and San Bernardino mountains. We are serching for a book, a site on Internet or canyons to do near thoses mountains. We want names for best canyons in thoses area. We are searching for camping place to. We have a lot of expérience for canyons in Utah, Arizona, France or Corsica. One thing we are not very good: writing in english but we can teach you french si vous voulez !

Thanks for advises, merci pour les conseils

Luke from Montréal, Québec

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

"Death" valley in the summertime has temperatures around 40-50 degrees Celsius. Start with this link for information on canyons:
    http://ropewiki.com

(the site has Google translation so you can read the beta in French)

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    The season in Death Valley is roughly November, December, January February.

Outside that time period it is tres chaud. Tres, tres chaud.

Tomas

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Hi,

Next summer we would like to visit new places. We will land in Las Vegas then we like to go canyonering near Dead Valley and near Los Angeles in the San Antonio and San Bernardino mountains. We are serching for a book, a site on Internet or canyons to do near thoses mountains. We want names for best canyons in thoses area. We are searching for camping place to. We have a lot of expérience for canyons in Utah, Arizona, France or Corsica. One thing we are not very good: writing in english but we can teach you french si vous voulez !

Thanks for advises, merci pour les conseils

Luke from Montréal, Québec

DO NOT GO TO DEATH VALLEY IN SUMMER!!! ITS 50C THAT TIME OF YEAR!

Better to go to the California Sierras to do GREAT water canyons, some even better than Cresciano
    http://ropewiki.com/California_Sierras

If you want to travel further and do canyons different than the ones in Europe you can also go to Pacific Northwest
    http://ropewiki.com/Pacific_Northwest

NOTE:All these links by default present the canyons sorted from best to worst

Thank you guys for your reply,

I will not go to Death valley for sure. I am now watching for California Sierras Canyon (Sequoia Nat'l park and Forest, Kings canyons and Sierra nat'l forest) and I think that two weeks will be find. Is there "must do" canyons there ? We will go to San Gabriel mountains too for two weeks. We will be six french man and woman in your canyon world next summer... I'm a little bit excited!

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Thank you guys for your reply,

I will not go to Death valley for sure. I am now watching for California Sierras Canyon (Sequoia Nat'l park and Forest, Kings canyons and Sierra nat'l forest) and I think that two weeks will be find. Is there "must do" canyons there ? We will go to San Gabriel mountains too for two weeks. We will be six french man and woman in your canyon world next summer... I'm a little bit excited!

Luke
    We were expecting "El ninyo" this year (lots of rains) but it has not come yet, at this point it may not. If it does not come, do not waste your time with San Gabriel Mountains canyons in summer... go to the Sierras.

The Sierra canyons that are Dam controlled will be ok (should be ok) and the others like Crysalis you can see current flow estimate online with the "Waterflow analysis".
    The best canyons are all listed on http://ropewiki.com/California_Sierras: Seven Teacups, Upper Jump, Big Creek, Jump Lower, Stevenson...

Thanks Lucach for the information. I will see in may for the San Gabriel Mountains. Thanks for the list of canyons. Tu es vraiment un chic type!

Hi Lucach,

What do you thing about San Gabriel Mountains canyons this summer. Did you have El Ninyo? We loved to do some canyons north of L.A because canyons in The Sierra always need 2 cars. Witch canyons are "must do" in San Gabriel Mountains? We will stay 10 days around. Thanks,